Chapter 2 🌹

(Edited on 24th March 2020)

This chapter is dedicated to @TheSmallOne1103 and @Rysha_Rose. Thank you for reading my story and the vote. I really appreciate it.

..................................................................

Kiara descended the few steps of the porch and made her way towards the car. Her friend, Stephen, also Damon's younger brother was sitting behind the wheel. He was right on time as he promised. She went around the front of the car and opened the passenger door.

Once seated, Stephen greeted her with a hello and a small hug which she happily returned. After that, she buckled up and the young man drove to their destination where the party was being held which was at his parent's mansion.

The ride was silent and peaceful. It gave Kiara time to formulate her plan properly again and go through it mentally to make sure it was doable.

Soon, Stephen was parking the car in front of the mansion. Kiara started to get nervous; her stomach was flipping, her hands getting sweaty and her heart beating faster than its normal pace. She closed her eyes to calm herself.

Be positive! Everything is gonna be okay..Remember mom's words "If you love someone do not be afraid to confess. It is better to tell them than remain silent in case the other person feel the same. Rejection does hurt but it hurts more not confessing which could have been your chance to happiness." 
She told herself trying to get self encourage.

"Are you alright?''
She heard a voice ask.

She opened her dark brown eyes and looked at Stephen who was watching her with a worried look.

"I am fine."
She reassured him with a small smile.

Her smile must had convinced Stephen because he simply nodded his head and opened the driver's door with Kiara doing the same; opening the passenger's door. 

Once out of the car,they could hear voices and music coming from the inside of the house. 

The party was already in full swing and it had been about 45 minutes since it started. The Mathews always threw the best parties. Since today's party was for a special occasion, she knew that this one would be the best one this year.

Kiara looked at the large, impressive house of four storeys. It always took her breath away. It was luxurious and beautiful beyond words.

The ground floor which included a half bath was mostly a wide space used for parties.

On the other hand, the first floor, consisted of a chef's dream kitchen, a half bath, a huge dinning room used for formal dinners, a smaller one attached to it for the Mathews to use daily, a living room and two guest rooms with their own bathroom .

The second floor consisted of a master bedroom, two spare rooms, an office, a home theater and a game room. 

The third and last floor consisted of the rooms of the Mathews children, an office, a second home theater and a library. The Mathews children had always loved their personal space since their teenage phase. 

Though their bedrooms were on the same floor, there was quite a distance between each room. The rooms of the third floor were only used when the siblings visited their loving and caring parents as  each one had their own house.

Once Stephen and Kiara stepped inside, the latter found herself pulled into a tight hug. For a second, she was shocked and remained still, her arms at her sides not knowing who the person was. If she was not lost in her thoughts, she would have recognized the person immediately. She mentally scolded herself. She needed to be more attentive.

''So glad you are finally here.''
She heard her hugger murmur in her ear. As soon as she recognized the sweet voice, she wrapped her arms around her. 

After a few seconds, they both let go of each other at the same time.

Kiara looked at her best friend, Eliza, a blonde with gorgeous grey eyes, natural wavy hair and the body of a model. Eliza, the youngest child of the Mathews, was spoiled by both her parents and elder brothers but she was the most kind hearted and down to earth person she had ever known. 

She knew her limits, was generous, polite and never let the dollar signs and fame get to her head unlike some people.

She was lucky that they were best friends. Just like Eliza's parents did not take into consideration Kiara's parents status and became  best friends with them because of their character and personality, Eliza did the same with her.

It never bothered her that Kiara did not come from wealthy parents unlike her. In fact Kiara was her only best friend. So many  girls tried to extend the hand of friendship towards but it was only for her fame and money. They were fake and irritated her to end.

"You look sooooo gorgeous."
Eliza complimented her with a big grin looking her up and down. 

"Not more than you.''
she replied taking in her appearance. Eliza was definitely more gorgeous than her.

She was wearing a beautiful sleeveless long black dress with a deep V neckline. Two splits at each side till her hips which showed off her long beautiful legs. The dress had golden embroideries, the color matching her big earrings; the only jewelry that she was wearing. 

Eliza had never been a fan of jewelries. She loved to wear minimum ornaments. Though she loved make up and was a pro at it unlike her. Eliza completed her look with a black and gold high heels made her a few inches taller. 

''That's what you always say.'' Eliza said glaring at her.

Most of the time she would feel uneasy whenever someone glared at her. However, the smile in her eyes told her that she was just joking and that anger was the last thing she felt towards her.

''Both of my daughters are looking stunning."
They heard a familiar voice say a few steps away from us.  

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Author's Note: Please do vote and comment if you liked the chapter and story so far. I would love to hear your thoughts :)

Love,

Together_Eternity