Chapter 4 🌹

(Edited on 26th March 2020)

A/N: A huge thank you to all those who have taken the time to take a look at my book and read it. 
..................................................................

With an unsteady beating heart and butterflies in her stomach, Kiara, along with the others followed Sarah. She was leading them to a small group of 5 people near the entrance. She could feel the excitement buzzing from the group. A few steps away and her eyes laid on the man they were yearning for; Damon.

She halted in her steps and stared at him with longing. He was wearing a grey suit with a white shirt, blue tie and black shoes. He was looking so handsome that she could not take her eyes off him. Kiara was hoping that tonight would be in her favor and that Damon would at least give her a chance to show him how profound her love was. 

"Stop ogling at my brother

"Stop ogling at my brother."

Kiara heard a voice from besides her.

Eliza. The latter was looking at her with a big grin and wiggling her eyebrows. Kiara opened her mouth to deny that but knew that it would be futile. She just giggled and shook her head. She then took Eliza's hand and walked the remaining steps to the group.

As soon as they approached the group which consisted of the Mathews family; Mira, Max, Damon, Stephen and now her and Eliza, she wondered where the others were. She mentally shooked her head and shrugged her shoulders. What mattered to her was her best friend's elder brother.

Damon greeted Kiara with a quick hello and took Eliza in his arms hugging her tightly. Kiara was a bit hurt with the way Damon greeted her. He was a bit cold and flat towards her. As if he did not want her there. He would usually give her a small hug asking how she had been etc. However, she did not ponder much about it as she refused to let her mind be filled with any negativity.

"Hey little sis. How have you been doing?"
Damon asked Eliza as he let go of her.

"I have been doing great big bro."

Damon turned around and gestured the woman standing behind him to come forward. Kiara wondered if she was the one Sara was talking about earlier. But why would she be shocked by her presence. She could be just only his date. Most of the time, he would bring different women to parties as his date only. He rarely was in a serious relationship.

The woman was slim and a few inches taller than her. She had strawberry blonde hair which was tied in a chignon bun. She was wearing a turquoise sleeveless dress with silver high heels. The woman was gorgeous and better looking than her. This made her loose her confidence a bit. When she came to stand besides Damon, he wrapped his arm around her waist with her imitating his act.

Kiara could feel herself getting angry and jealous. She wanted to rip the woman's arm from Damon waist and slapped her. She curled both her hands into fists and tried to calm herself. She so badly wanted to claim Damon as his in front of her and the others. She was meeting her for the first time yet she was feeling threatened by her.

It felt like she was claiming Damon as hers by the way she was clinging to him. It was not the first time that Kiara was meeting Damon's dates or girlfriends. However, they never made her feel threatened because she knew that those women were temporary. But this woman was making her uncomfortable in ways that she was unable to figure out.

"Bethany."

Damon started looking at the woman besides her.

"This is my sister, Eliza. Eliza, this is Bethany, my fiancée."

Those two words for Kiara were like a sword that was stabbed in her heart. All her hopes and dreams of being with Damon were shattered. She could feel her heart breaking into millions of pieces. Pain, sorrow, disbelief were some of the few emotions that gripped her.

Her eyes welled with tears that were begging to fall down her cheeks. She wanted to cry and scream at him to deny what he just said. She wanted to ignore those two words. But the huge diamond ring in Bethany's finger on her left hand which was placed on Damon's chest was making it hard to do that. As she felt that she would no longer be able to control her tears, she walked away from the group.

Shock would be a small word to describe how Eliza was feeling when Damon introduced Bethany as his fiancée. He never mentioned about her. Unless he was secretly dating him. She gave Bethany a fake smile and a hug welcoming her in the family.

Since the day that Kiara told her about her love for Damon, she was rooting for them. She was certain that they would be perfect for each other. She was conflicted between her happy feelings for Damon and sad ones for Kiara.

It was then that she realized that Kiara was no longer with them. She looked around to look for her but in vain. She knew that her best friend needed her. She quickly made an excuse after giving her congratulations to the newly engaged couple.

Kiara ran away from the party and went into one of the guest room on the first floor. Once inside she locked the door and leaned against it. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she cried out loud. She knew that with the music and noise downstairs, no one would hear her crying her heart out.

She slid down on the floor, her body shaking with how hysterically she was crying. She tried to control herself and wiped away the tears with her shaking hands but once those tears were wiped, more tears fell down. She started coughing and her head was pounding.

It felt like she was crying for hours but it had only been maybe fifteen minutes since her heart was broken. She got up from the floor and quickly wiped away her tear stained cheeks when she heard knocking on the door. She cleared her throat and asked,

"Who is it?"

"Kiara, it's me, Eliza. Open the door honey."

Kiara unlocked the door and opened it for her to enter. She then went to sit on the king sized bed. She looked around the room not wanting to make eye contact with Eliza. She heard the door closed and locked. The bed dipped when Eliza sat beside her. There was silence in the room for a few seconds.

"Kiara."

Eliza whispered her name softly pain in her voice. She was hurting for her best friend. Eliza could not imagine how she was feeling right now. She knew how deep her love was for Damon.

Eliza took Kiara in her arms hugging her tightly while she started to cry again. Eliza was unable to do anything except to be there for her and give her moral support. She knew that no words could lessen her pain.

She continued to hug her and when she felt that her cry was now sobs she let her go. Eliza took her face in both her hands and wiped her tears. She then took her hand and led her to the bathroom for her to wash her face.

Kiara's eyes were swollen and red, her cheeks and nose were also red. Once she was done, she went back to the room with Eliza following her.

"You ok?"

She simply nodded her head looking at the floor.

"Kiara. I am so sorry, I"

Eliza started to say moving towards where she was standing.

Kiara interrupted her shaking her head.

"It's not your fault. You knew nothing about this and besides him and I were not meant to be."
"I am not feeling well. Can you please ask Phillip to drop me home."
She quickly added.

She needed to get out of there immediately. She knew that Max and Mira would want to introduce her to their new member of their family. But she would not be able to stand amongst them pretending to be happy for Damon.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Author's Note: Please do vote and comment if you liked the chapter and story so far. I would love to hear your thoughts :)

Love,

Together_Eternity