Chapter 6: Supreme Leader Snoke

The Finalizer was traveling through hyperspace, away from Jakku. It was headed to Starkiller Base, the First Order's stronghold in the Unknown Regions. Kylo Ren thought about all that had happened since Jakku. He tortured his former friend, Poe Dameron. The weak, pathetic pilot had fallen victim to Kylo's methods, revealing that his droid, a BB unit, had the map to Luke Skywalker, and was on Jakku. Jon Solo was there, too. Kylo had been able to sense his brother. That coward. He had run on Jakku, rather than stay and face Kylo. Through it all, however, Kylo wasn't the least bit surprised that Jon was still alive. He had always been stubborn. That just seemed to be a trait that ran in the Solo family.

After Poe was tortured, he'd been rescued by a Stormtrooper named FN-2187. The two escaped from the Finalizer in a TIE fighter, where Poe bestowed his rescuer with the name "Finn." Then their ship was shot and crashed on Jakku. They'd been going back there to save Poe's droid.

Kylo hadn't been told about how FN-2187 was now called Finn. But when he heard the initial story, he recognized that particular Stormtrooper at once. He'd had an encounter with FN-2187 back on Jakku, and had since learned from Captain Phasma that he'd been the only Stormtrooper who hadn't fired on the villagers at Tuanul. While the Finalizer was still in orbit above Jakku, Kylo had been visited by Lieutenant Dopheld Mitaka, who had news for him.

"Sir...we were unable to capture the droid on Jakku," Mitaka began nervously. Talking to Kylo Ren was always a nerve-wracking experience, because of how unpredictable he was known to be. "It escaped capture aboard a stolen Corellian YT model freighter." This piqued Kylo's interest. There were countless Corelliean YT model freighters in the Galaxy. He had once been very familiar with one such ship in particular. But that was a long time ago.

"The droid...stole a freighter?" asked Kylo.

"Not exactly, sir," Mitaka replied. "It had help. We have no confirmation, but we believe FN-2187 and the man who got away on Jakku, Jon Solo, I believe his name was, may have helped in the escape."

The defecting, traitorous Stormtrooper had met Jon Solo. This was indeed an interesting turn of events. Kylo wouldn't be surprised if Jon had already befriended young FN-2187. He had that way about him. In anger, Kylo activated his lightsaber, beginning to destroy an equipment bank. Mitaka flinched. He'd been afraid something like this would happen. Sparks flew as the equipment was hacked and slashed apart. Mitaka kept flinching and closing his eyes in an attempt to avoid being hit by flying embers, or worse, Kylo Ren's lightsaber itself. But just as soon as the episode had begun, it stopped. Kylo deactivated his lightsaber, but he still wouldn't turn to face Mitaka.

"Anything else?" Kylo asked, fighting to keep his voice level.

"The three were accompanied by a girl," said Mitaka. Kylo whipped around, and shot his arm out. Mitaka felt himself being pulled forward. This was one of Kylo's Force powers. And in the blink of any eye, Mitiaka was in Kylo's grasp, by the neck. He choked and gasped for air.

"What girl?!" Kylo demanded to know. There hadn't been any mention of such a girl before. Who was she? And what was she doing with Jon Solo, FN-2187 and the droid?

Kylo didn't have any further time to ponder these questions. He was brought of reverie when his body was jerked forward as the Finalizer came out of hyperspace. He rushed to the bridge. Starkiller Base loomed up ahead. Then he went to the hangar, and boarded a shuttle that would take him to the surface bellow. Starkiller Base was built into a snow-covered planet that had never been properly inhabited until the First Order came along. When Kylo disembarked from his shuttle in the base's hangar, he found Hux waiting for him.