Chapter 10: Homecoming

"General Leia Organa is your mother," Finn said, causing Jon to look at him. "I can't believe I didn't realize this until just now. But wait a minute...She doesn't look all that much older than you." That made Jon laugh.

"Did I say something wrong?" asked Finn.

"Oh, no, Finn," Jon reassured. "Legally speaking, General Organa is my stepmother."

"Oh, so she adopted you?" asked Finn.

"Yes, something that became official after she married my dad when I was fourteen," answered Jon. "And it's true that she's only nine years older than me, as is Luke Skywalker, her twin brother. But from the moment I met her on the first Death Star when I was ten-years-old, Leia's been the only mother I've ever known." He said this with a smile.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your birth mother?" asked Finn. "And who was she?" Jon's face fell.

"Her name was Crescentia Montressor," Jon explained. "She was originally from Jelucan, and met my dad when she traveled to Corellia, where he's from. They were both eighteen at the time. I guess they hit it off pretty quickly. Things happened. After a few weeks or so, Cresentia went back to her parents, my maternal grandparents, on Jelucan. She must have discovered she was pregnant with me shortly thereafter. Nine months later, I was born. But unfortunately, Crescentia died in childbirth before I ever got a chance to know her."

"I'm sorry," said Finn.

"Don't be," said Jon. "After Crescentia's death, when I was about a week old, her parents brought me to my dad on Corellia. He's raised me ever since. When I was really little, I can remember asking  my dad about what happened to my birth mom. And there were times where I felt sad. But between my dad, Leia, Luke, Chewie, my dad's other friend, Lando Calrissian, and so many others, I had a family who loved me. And I loved them-still love them, even though we're no longer all together anymore."

"Another thing I heard your parents talking about is that you have a younger brother," said Finn.

"Half-brother, yeah," said Jon. "Because while we share the same biological father, he is my mom's only biological child."

"And he's part of the First Order, even was at the battle?" Finn questioned further.

"Yeah," said Jon.

"Well, he can't be a Stormtrooper," said Finn."Because like I told you and Rey, all the Stormtroopers were taken from their families when they were babies."

"No, my brother's not a Stormtrooper, even though he does wear a mask," said Jon. "But you have seen him. Because...well...he's the one who took Rey..." Finn's moth dropped open as the implications of what Jon just said sank in.

"K-Kylo Ren is your brother?!" Finn stammered. "R-really?!"

"As much as I wish I were joking, it's true," Jon confirmed.

"In the First Order, by decree of Supreme Leader Snoke, it was forbidden to speak of Kylo Ren's true name," said Finn. "Of course, that didn't stop people from speculating on what it could be. Everyone did it, from the highest officers, to the Stormtroopers. And now, since you're his brother, what is his real name?"