0.4

thursday 23rd of july 2018

katelyn's pov

•10:02pm•

"everything i do; its all for you. i love you."

those words kept spinning around in my head, giving me a headache. it hurt. it made me want to just open my eyes and see. i recognised that voice. it was unmistakably grayson's. i miss him. i love him. he just said he loves me. why can't i wake up with that on my mind?

it's like i want to open my eyes but it just seems like too much effort.

phat mood

like i said before, i'm in pain. but as grayson said, it'll get better if i wake up.

do it, katelyn.

do it for grayson.

so, i strain myself until i'm practically blinded by white lights in my eyes, however they weren't that strong as there was a silhouette towering over me, blocking some of the light.

grayson's pov

i was leaning over katelyn to kiss her forehead before i went to the toilet when i saw her beautiful eyes open. she looks up at me, fragile as ever, her cloudy green eyes gazing around in confusion.

she goes to move but i very, very, gently hold her down. i don't want her to hurt herself or make the pain worse.

"k-katelyn. you're awake." i state the obvious, struggling to form my words properly. i was so surprised at the same time so overwhelmed with happiness and relief.

she opens her mouth but quickly closes it and i frown but don't hesitate to click the button next to her bed that signals to the nurse we need help.

i stare down in awe at her. my baby girl is finally awake.

that is, until she closes her eyes again for longer than she should. at that moment, the nurse comes in, not even telling me what's happening before wheeling away the bed katelyn was laying in. my heart starts to beat faster and i take a seat on one of the cold metal chairs in the room, alone again.

i hope she's going to be okay.

katelyn's pov

it felt so good to see him again. i wanted to speak but my throat was too dry and sore. i looked up helplessly at the nurse who was rambling about the meds i'm going to need to take and how often to take them and what to do and blah blah blah.

i wasn't listening to anything she was saying but hopefully she'd tell grayson as well because he'd probably be responsible for my medication as i'm pretty sure he's my only guest here.

after about 5 minutes of her explaining, going on and on about things i wasn't even paying attention to, she starts to do some tests, so i just close my eyes, not wanting to see what she was doing. i occasionally flinch at her harsh touch because she seemed to be in a hurry.  eventually, she picks up a clipboard with paper on it. she scribbles some things down quickly and then places the clipboard on a table next to us. then she finally spoke again.

"katelyn, i'm very pleased to say that you should be discharged in about 2 days. that is, if you make sure you don't stress and make you keep taking your medication. just relaxing for now would be a great idea."

what the fuck else am i meant to do?

my eyes felt droopy so i let them close, not bothering to let her know i acknowledged what she said. she was giving me a headache. thankfully, she goes to the other corner of the room so i can sleep for a while.

a/n

ok ok so she's awake yay :) that's basically all i really wanted for this book and like i said it's gonna be a very short one so comment suggestions for the last chapter💘💘

virtual hugs n kisses xx

~jenaya :)