0.5

saturday 25th july 2018

katelyn's pov

•9:30pm•

i was discharged from the hospital early this morning. they finally let me out, and all day i've been laying in bed with grayson. when i had to use the toilet, he helped me up and waited for me to do my business, then he helped me back to bed. when i needed food, he got it for me. he's been so good to me and i feel like i don't deserve it.

we're currently laying in bed, watching friends, 'the one after ross says rachel'. we're both laughing given the situation, when he rests his hand on my thigh. i lean back onto his shoulder and snuggle even more into the blankets, wincing at the pain in my back as i move. i close my eyes, the cosy atmosphere making me feel happy once again.

"i love you katelyn." grayson says out of the blue as he strokes my hair.

"i love you more, grayson. i'm gonna sleep now." i say, not having the energy to even speak.

he says nothing but moves slightly in an attempt to make me more comfortable.

i snuggle into his arms and instantly fall asleep.

the next day

•10:55am•

grayson's pov

i'm happy today. and i'm going to be honest, it's the first time in a while. i'm so happy katelyn is here, home. she's healing and she seems to be happy. i've invited her grandparents and her little sister here for dinner tonight so i have the opportunity to meet some of her family and so she can see them because i know it would mean a lot to her.

i'm currently making her favourite, chocolate pancakes. i know she's not a breakfast person

neither am i yuck

but she loves them so much and so do i, plus she loves my cooking.

i thought i was dreaming when i saw her coming down the stairs, but i wasn't. there she was, slowly but surely limping across to the kitchen island so she could sit down.

i turn off the half done pancakes in a rush to help her. within seconds she's carefully scooped up into my arms and i place her down on one of the chairs and i ask her if she needs anything.

she shakes her head and leans onto the counter, probably resting while i make food. i quickly turn on the heat again and carry on with my cooking, trying to be as fast as possible.

there's no sound apart from me dishing up the pancakes, which leaves us in a slightly awkward but at the same time comfortable silence.

she sits up slowly when i place the plate in front of her. she goes to move her hair out of her face but i do it instead, knowing she may hurt her back.

"katelyn, i made our favourite. chocolate pancakes."

she coughs before smiling at me and mumbling thank you.

i guess she's still quiet sleepy.

unlike her, i'm wide awake and i don't have any damage with my body so i wolf down my food, realising that when i'm finished she's only just finishing her first pancake. i look at her, concerned when she stops eating but to my delight she carries on, which is good because i want her to eat properly because i know it will help her recovery.

i take the small key i have for the medicine cabinet and i unlock it, taking out the 3 pills she needs to take this morning. and i also take the prescribed muscle rub which should help with her back.

before i write the next bit quick question

orange juice or apple juice¿?

pouring out her a glass of orange juice, i carefully hold all of the things in my hand. when i get over to her, i see she's finishing her second pancake.

"baby, it's time for your medication."

she groans but listens to me, putting one in her mouth and swallowing it with some juice.

people who take tablets dry are crazy💀.

while she takes her pills, i rub in the muscle cream onto her back, obviously moving her top up first. and that's when it hit me.

no matter what, i will always help her. i want to be there for her all the way through this, to help her get better so i can properly have her back. and i'm going to be there through all of the appointments, possibly therapy or anything else like that.

because i love her, and i always will.

a/n

this is SO bad holy fuck-

but yay that's the last shitty chapter of this book x

i'm so excited for the next book, i'll try to have it uploaded by later tonight if not tomorrow! (keeping in mind it's 5:32pm where i live)

sorry this took me so long but hopefully u enjoyed it, ik some of you wanted it to be longer but i'm finished with this book because i wanted the sequel to have a happy ending, and it does.

again, hope u enjoyed❤️!

virtual hugs n kisses xx

~jenaya :)