04 - Memory-ish

3 years ago

Seungmin was sick of it. He resisted rolling his eyes

"how was the exam you had yesterday, son? math was it?" the thirteen years old seungmin was asked the moment he stepped inside the kitchen, already in his uniform, for breakfast. 'Isn't it too early for this!' Seungmin wanted to snap but he feigned a smile,
"not bad, father" he replied to the man, who was sitting on one of the very fancy kitchen stools and sipping his hot coffee.

You can tell what kind of man he was by just a glance. He was in one of his expensive, classic suits, the blueblack one with white stripes on it, his neck tie already on and hair perfectly groomed.

Seungmin's father is the CEO of one of the most richest technological groups in Seoul.

It is normal for a father to ask his son how exam was, but seungmin knew what was about to come
" dear , what do you mean 'not bad'? " his mom was pacing around the kitchen, making pancakes
She is a beautiful woman with a gorgeous body, tall and elegant, taking graceful steps around the kitchen, but stopped when she heard her son's answer. She had a beautiful smile and her tone was sickeningly sweet , but seungmin just gave her a blank stare, waiting till she drops the act.
" you know damn well that 'not bad' is not gonna get you to soorim academy!" she added with an ice cold voice and he almost snorted. I mean why bother with the nice act in the first place. It amazes him how her tone could drop to ice cold that fast...  it's just amusing
Give him a break!
Seungmin loves his family. He does! But he didn't love how controlling they are, and their ambitions to get him enrolled at soorim high.  He hated every part of that.
Seungmin did roll his eyes this time, the slogan of the most amazing academy in the whole of south Korea
'Soorim high - the way to youth's dreams' ringing in his ears.
It's not like he hated the thought of going there, who would? but seungmin didn't Want to force himself any harder. Jacob told him not to.
" what's the matter with not going there, mom? there are other great schools too, you know... like Harlim - that school is-"
if seungmin was bitter, that was his business and he kept the conversation light, but he was cut off.
" no seungmin, we're not having these conversation again." His father said sternly. seungmin wished he just left without breakfast.
" do you think I enjoy talking about it? but maybe if you were a bit more understanding-" he didn't even finish when his mother snapped. he couldn't even voice his opinion anymore.

Great

Seungmin felt trapped in an invisible cage, and it was suffocating. It was as if there was an invisible barrier between him and what he wanted. He tried to make it clear, over a million times, that he wasn't interested in taking over his father's company. He hated paper works  with passion. but no! he can't even have his own dreams. Why ? because that's not what his parents want. and he was sick of it! why was everything always done just the way they wanted it! why can't he have a say in his own life! It was so damn amazing that they chose everything for him! from what he ate daily up to what his dreams are!

If there was something they didn't choose for him, it was only his friends. His friends that he wouldn't change for anything in the world! Only them.
And it was amusing how his patents always find something to say against them!
But he didn't care enough to actually listen to their rants about him needing better friends, and sometimes, that he didn't even need friends at all so he could focus on his studies more. The irony of it! if seungmin wasn't focusing enough, he didn't know who else was.
He wished they would leave his friends out of this, but luck was being a bi***!

"does this have anything to do with one of your idiot friends, that chose to go to Harlim High when he clearly had the chance to go to Soorim academy! he just ruined his chance of making himself better than the trash he is!" He flinched at his mother's outburst.
"Leave Jacob out of this, mother! and he is not a trash! neither does my school interest has anything to do with it!"
"son, you know we're saying this for your own good." His father stated calmly.
"for my good huh? " he chuckled darkly
" so what you are saying is that you are practically trying to live my life for me for my own good!? Do you even hear yourselves? "
"don't you think it's better than watching you destroy your future? "