05- Trauma - ish

Still three years ago

.

      Changbin was thankful that it was the last period for the day. He felt exhausted.

They always had only one class after lunch and today's last class happened to be changbin's not so favorite history and of course why he found it to be the best timing for a little nap. He sat at the right corner of the classroom, his head over  his crossed hands resting on the desk.

It didn't help that Mr.Moon's voice, their history teacher in his late 50s, felt like a lullaby to his ears, and it was turning into a dull ringing as the time passed and Changbin drifted off to a slumber, the sun blazing through the window,  shining over his face.
He just wanted to go home and drop himself on his bed, like he always did.

Changbin lives with his grandmother because his parents were all the way to oseloecit, a rural part of the country which had few to no schools.
It gave him the freedom to do whatever he likes as long as he kept his health and grades in check, which he was grateful for.

He heard the bell ringing, signaling that school was over for the day , but it was faint and  vague to the point that he thought he imagined it in the drowsy state he was in.

He was proved wrong when a hand was slammed on his desk loud and hard, not once - not twice again and again.

"Till when are you staying in that dreamland of yours changbin-shi"
He knew the voice all to well  and he should be getting up but his desk just felt so fluffy and warm he just wanted to stay a little while.
"Hello~" the voice sing songed loudly and changbin tried to tell it to get away but only incoherent mumbles come out of his mouth. He felt his bag being lifted from behind him and footsteps shuffling away and sighed in relief.
Only if he knew.

****

Seungmin, Hyunjoon, jae and hyunjae walked into changbin's class, having waited for the past 15 minutes at the end of the hallway, only to see he was the only one left- sleeping on his desk.

Hyunjae tried waking him up only receiving some whines in return. Changbin turns into a big baby when he sleeps.

Seungmin took changbin's bag and left the classroom, Hyunjoon and jae casually walking to the door, desperately trying to be unnoticed.
"Don't you dare!"Hyunjae glared but it was too late as the two sprinted out of the room leaving him to deal with a sleepy whiney and drowsy changbin.

As if a light bulb lit up above hyunjae's head, he snapped his fingers and slid his bag off his shoulders, taking out the almost empty water bottle and poured it on changbin's back.

Changbin jolted up at the cold liquid pouring sensation to the point he fell off his chair to his side, his whole body falling on his right arm.

He groaned as he tried to get up and  hissed in pain as his arm protested when he tried to lean on it.

" that was quick" hyunjae commented nonchalantly as he offered a hand to help  changbin up after slinging his backpack on his shoulders. Changbin glared at his hyung but took his hand nonetheless.

Hyunjae tried to support the boy by linking their arms but only got shoved  away as changbin tried to move his arm only to feel every fiber of his arm protesting in pain and left the room huffing, as hyunjae run after him whining at his over dramatic reaction.

****

Jacob has soon joined them because his school was only a few minutes walk from theirs and now they were walking down the driveway almost getting to hyunjae's house when seungmin gasped.
He almost forgot and carried changbin's bag all the way from school. He scooted closer to the boy and shoved the bag to his side only for changbin to yelp rubbing his arm which felt like it was on fire. seungmin just gave him a weird look before going over to Hyunjoon to bother the unusually silent boy.