Chapter 5| Tags

"Okay, Thomas leads Teresa down here and then we'll get here, everyone caught up?" Gally said. We shook our heads as Thomas put his jacket hoodie up and walked down to find Teresa. "This is an alert. Curfew is now in effect. Anyone caught in violation of curfew will be subject to immediate deportation." The voice said.  "Thomas." Teresa said as Thomas faced the opposite direction. "Hey, Teresa." He said turning around.

"You shouldn't be here. If Janson finds out you're here..." she started. "I'm not staying. It's just, uh... I had to see you. I have to ask you something. Do you regret it? What you did to us?" He said.  "Sometimes. But I did what I thought was right.
I'd do it again." Teresa said.  "Good." He said as galley threw a bag over her head.

~Time Skip~

"Gally?" Teresa said as he sat on a chair. "Here's how this is gonna go. We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?" Halls said.  "You guys don't seriously think..." Teresa said looking at Thomas. "Don't look at him. Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you. Now, we know you have Minho in the building. Where?" Gally said. "He's with the others in holding. Sublevel three." She said.

"How many others?" Gally asked with no reply.  "I can make that work." He said. "No. No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID." Teresa said.  "That's why you're gonna come with us." Thomas said.  "Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her. Right? Not all of her.We just need her finger." Gally said holding a knife.

"Gally, back off." I said.  "What, are you squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho." Gally said getting in her face.  "That's not the plan. Back off." Thomas said.  "It won't make a difference. Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up the..." Teresa started. "We know. We're tagged. Property of WICKED. You're gonna help us with that, too." Thomas said.

"Try to relax. This is gonna sting." Teresa said pulling out the tag. "Let's just get it over with." I said.  She yanked the tag out and placed a piece of cotton over it.  "She enjoyed that." I said.  "You're probably right." Gally said. 

"Here." Newt said putting my jacket back on. "Thanks" I smiled. Thomas had gotten his tag taken out and I saw Teresa putting Thomas's bloody napkin in her pocket. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Cleaning up" She said picking up the tweezers.

"Can I ask you why you're stuffing tissue into your pocket?" I asked. She looked around before closing in. "I think Thomas's blood could be the cure, for the virus. It could save everyone!" She said. "And Thomas allowed you to take that?" I asked. "She's looking good. Healthy. How've you been getting her serum?" She asked changing the subject.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Brenda. I didn't think she'd still be alive. When was her last treatment?" She asked. "At the Right Arm. The last time we saw you." I said. "But that was months ago. That's not possible. She should have turned by now. There's no way she could possibly still.." She said. "All right, that's enough." I said.

"You don't believe me?" She said. "Do you really expect me to? You made your choice." I said.  "Everything okay over here?" Newt said putting his hand on my shoulders. "Yeah. Yeah, we're done." I said turning away. After a few minutes Thomas spoke with Teresa but soon joined us at the small table with weapons laid on it.

"Nice try. You were in love with her, weren't you?" I asked standing beside Thomas. "I don't know." Thomas said grabbing a gun. "Just be careful. You sort of have this problem where you can't walk away from people. Even when you should. You can't save everyone, Thomas." I said. "I can try." He said.