Chapter 6|Minho!

"Don't stop. Go, go, go. Hold on. Hold on." Thomas whispered as Newt and I passed the stairway of the hospital in bulky guard suits. Newt began to sweat bullets and he looked worse than ever, I placed my hand on his shoulder as he sat on the stairs. "I can get in here. Stay there." Gally said looking at a electrical box. "Throw me the walkie. Frypan, we're in. How you doing?" Thomas asked. "Yeah, I'm getting there. Tell Minho "Hi," for me." Fry said.
"Hang in there, buddy. This'll work." Thomas said.

"Brenda, what's your status?" Thomas asked. "Status is, I'm working on it." Brenda said. "Copy. Just make sure you're ready on your end." Thomas said. "Don't worry. You know I'm gonna be there." Brenda said. "All right, let's go. We got a signal. Gally did it. We're in." Thomas said.

We walked to a room full of kids in cells. "Come on, let's go. Get them open." Thomas said as he opened a door. "Let's go. It's okay. You guys are okay. Come on." I said opening the heavy door. "Come on, let's go. Newt, check the other cell. " Thomas said. "Come on, you guys are okay. Come on." Newt said as kids filed out. "The vault. How do I get in?" Gally asked a man laying on the floor.

"You can't." A man laying on the floor said. "Come on, guys. Come on." I said getting the last group of kids. "Guys, this might take some time." Gally said using a power saw on the vault. "Shit. He's not here." Thomas said. "Where is he?" Thomas asked a little rough.

"Somebody's moved him up to the medical wing. Thomas, that's on the other side of the building." Teresa said looking at his file. "Okay, take me to him. Right now." He said. "All right. I'm coming with you." Newt said. "Me too!" I said. "Newt, Y/N no, you're not. You have to stay here, wait with Gally for the serum." He said.

"You can't do this on your own. Minho comes first, remember?" Newt said. "Just go. We're wasting time. I'll get the serum. We'll meet you out back." Gally said. "Okay, fine. Let's go. Come on." Thomas said as we headed out the sliding doors. "Hey, Greenie. Good luck." Gally said. "Keep moving. Come on, come on." Thomas said as we ran into the elevator.

"Hold it." Someone said shoving their hand in between the elevator doors. "You're working late. See, that's what I like about you, Teresa. No matter how bleak things get, you just... Well, you never give up. Times like this, you need a friend that you can count on." Janson said. "I'll bear that in mind." She said . "There is one thing you should know. One friend to another. Thomas is here." He whispered. "A surveillance picked him up outside the walls. Ava didn't want you to know, but there is a chance that he may try to contact you, and if he does, I'd like to think that I'd be your first call."

"Are you going to kill him?" She asked. "Would that be a problem?" He asked. "This is me." She said walking out Newt and I following as Thomas hit jansons shoulder with his. "Thomas, you have to listen to me. Getting that serum won't save Newt. It might buy him some time, but..." she started. "Just ignore her. She's trying to get inside your head." Thomas said reassuring us.

"Thomas, listen. You know what's going on out there. People are dying. The world is dying. There's something about your blood I don't understand." She said as we stood in front of two glass doors.
"Open it." He said. "If you let me run some tests... I promise I can protect you." She said. "Yeah? Like you protected Minho? What are you doing? How many people is it gonna take? How many more people do they have to round up, torture, kill? Huh? When the hell does it stop?" He said standing eye to eye with teresa. "It stops when we find a cure." She said standing her ground.

"There is no goddamn cure!" Thomas yelled. "Don't waste your breath, Teresa. He made his choice long ago." Janson said pointing a gun at us. Thomas grabbed the gun from his side and did the same. "Drop it, kid!" A guard yelled. "Back up. Tell them to back off. Tell them to back off!" Thomas yelled grabbing trees and pointing the gun at her head.

"Hey, Thomas, come on. It's me. I've known you longer than you can remember.You're not gonna shoot her." Janson said walking closer.
"You don't think so?" Thomas said. "Okay. Go on then. Shoot her. Prove me wrong. Shoot her." Janson said as Thomas stood with the gun in his hand. Teresa suddenly unlocked the door and threw us in. "Clear! Clear! Move! Move!" Janson yelled as she pulled the fire alarm and the doors locked once again.

We ran around the floor looking around each corridor as Thomas pointed his gun at doctors and nurses. "Minho? Minho!" Thomas yelled. "Oh, shit!" I said as I saw a group of guards shooting at us.
"Freeze!" They yelled as we ducked over to the other side of the hallway.
"Minho! Minho, where are you? Minho!" Thomas continues yelling.

We ran down more corridors as more guards showed up and shot more bullets. "There they are! I'll cut him off!" They shouted. "Newt, get down! " I yelled as he stood in the middle of the four way hallways.
"Shit! I'm almost out." Thomas said shooting the gun. "Get back." Newt yelled throwing a grenade type weapon.

"Nice. All right. Let's go! Go!" Thomas said as we continued running. "You three, freeze! Get down on the ground. Now! I said get your..." the guard started before glass shattered and he was kicked to the ground. "Minho." We all said in unison. "Is this real?" He said hugging us. "I got him! I got him! Over here. Go! This way!" Janson yelled.

"Come on!" Thomas yelled "You four! Stop!" A nurse yelled. "Come on. In here, in here. Newt, come on." Thomas said closing a heavy door and throwing a large shelf in front of it. "Somebody get this door open." Janson yelled. "Yes, sir!" They yelled.

"Oh, shit. Any ideas?" Thomas asked. "Maybe." Minho said looking out the window. "Okay, it's doable. Just need a little running start." Thomas said as The three threw a large barrel through it. "You sure about this?" I asked looking at the high drop. "Not really." He said.

"Nice pep talk." Minho said. "Yeah, we're all bloody inspired." Newt said. "Move it! Move it!" Janson yelled as banging could be heard outside. "Shit." I said. "Go! Go!" He ordered.

"Thomas!" Minho said as Newt grabbed my hand. "Oh, shit!" I heard as we jumped off the building into the little pool underneath the building. "Minho, you okay?" Thomas asked as we jumped out of the pool. "Yeah." He said. We all stood up soaked to see a group of guards standing and pointing guns at us.

"You four, don't move." One said. "Oh, you gotta be kidding me." I said. "Take it easy." Thomas said reaching for his gun. "Uh-uh-uh Don't even think about it. Get on your knees with your hands in the air." They said as we held our hands up hesitant.