I HAVE TO

JOE'S POV ~
Poor Dianne. It's been a week since everything happened and she hasn't stopped crying. She's so weak, mentally and physically. I don't see a way past the sadness. I've been cuddling and kissing her nonstop to calm her down but knowing that's all I can do kills me inside.
We heard a knock at the door. Dianne hurriedly dried her eyes as a doctor walked in. "We have the tests back and we've decided that it's safe for the four of you to go home." My eyes lit up. I couldn't wait to cuddle my little princess again. It was the only thing that made Dianne smile all week. That smile soon faded. "Joe I can't." She said once the  doctor left. "I can't go home, not yet." She continued.
"Di we've been here for over a week, we can finally go home and see Tegan again." I told her.
"I know, I'm so excited, but I need to go home. I need to go to Australia. Right now, the only thing I need is my family, my mum and dad." The words pained me to hear. "I guess you know what's best. What will we do about the kids?" I asked. The twins need their mum, but we can't all go with her. "I'll take the twins, you look after Tegan for me. Tell her that I'll be back as soon as possible." She replied. With that we left the hospital and went home together for Dianne to pack up some things. My mum had been at our house for the last week and a half so I think it was a relief when we walked through the door. "We're home." I heard Dianne shout while I carried the twins inside. Mum was at the door, Tegan on her hip. "Welcome home!" She cried. We got the twins out to have cuddles before Tegan, who was waddling around, came in. It was the sweetest thing, seeing her bond with the twins. I knew she would fit the role of 'big sister' perfectly. We talked for ages before Dianne pulled my mum aside.