.happy valentine's day.

vampire-sunday happy vday BICHT. i know Micah would be incredibly Extra™ for his man so the idea came to me INSTANTLY and i fell in love with it. hope u love it too~

Micah was never very good at these things

The last time he had been in a "real relationship" was back in 9th grade when he had dated his best friend's crush to get back at him for spilling juice on his pants. It was only supposed to last for a bit, but because of her surprisingly good kissing abilities the arrangement dragged out for a month. Perhaps things could have gone somewhere with her if she hadn't gotten braces and became one of many to earn the title Metal Mouth. However, this is different. This is Noel Leclare we're talking about here, owner of the prettiest face in the world and the only laugh that could make Micah's heart melt, and what they had wasn't a result of Micah being relentlessly petty or aiming to break anyone's heart. They were together because they really, honestly liked each other.

And, being a previously well known playboy, that was so god damn weird to him. He's a total stranger to real romance and properly conveying his honest feelings without upsetting someone. Hence, it's only natural that he is currently freaking the hell out over the birthday present he's put together for his adorable boyfriend. Only a couple months had gone by since Micah beat down his enormous ego and asked him to go steady, but holy shit was he into him. Every moment they spent together felt so genuine and warm, so fun and full of life, unlike everything else he's ever known in his life. He adored every single thing about him from the way he laughed to the fact that he would drool sometimes in his sleep. He deserves to be happy, and to contribute to that Micah absolutely needs to help him have a perfect birthday. Or at least, that's what he keeps telling himself as he impatiently paces back and forth in Noel's decorated bedroom.

All of a sudden his phone buzzes, snapping him out of his increasingly anxious thoughts. After pulling it out of his back pocket and reading the text on his lock screen (which was a rather flattering picture of Noel watching the sunset with the sweetest smile on his face) he could feel the knot of nerves in his stomach get pulled even tighter. He was here. It would take a moment for him to get to his room, but already Micah was trying to force himself to calm down and act natural. With how on edge he was, though, that proves to be really, really hard. A million thoughts were racing through his mind at once, making his heart beat faster with every worry that he adds on to his list. Were all of the candles still burning? Would Noel see the petals that lead to the living room? What if he didn't want to go anywhere fancy and seeing the receipt for the reservation Micah made to that incredibly expensive restaurant on the other side of town would upset him? What if he didn't see the P.S. that told him to come to his room? Oh god that would be so embarrassing. What the hell would he do then?? What if—

"Micah! I'm here!"

Hearing Noel's voice resonate throughout the apartment made every inch of Micah's body freeze and brought his frantic mind to a halt. God, he wasn't ready. Why oh why did this boy make him such a mess?

Although it was hard, Micah manages to keep himself standing next to the foot of Noel's bed with the minimal amount of his one hundred and one concerns crawling around in his brain. Now he was more focused on listening intently to see if he could hear Noel doing anything through the closed door so, at the very least, it wasn't too difficult to remain calm. For a good few minutes he couldn't hear much of anything and, of course, that made him start to worry again. But before he could begin to fret too much the sound of running footsteps made itself present. Within seconds Noel had thrown open his bedroom door. What he saw was enough to make the purple haired male drop the note that Micah had written him so he could cover his mouth in shock.

None of the lights were on. The whole room was dimly lit by dozens of candles that Micah had carefully placed on every surface he could find. Pink, white, and red rose petals were scattered on the floor like a beautiful new carpet. From where he was standing Noel could see more roses were arranged on his bed and so he slowly steps further into the room in order to see. Covering his sheets was the message 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' that had been created by roses that held only the deepest, most compelling shades of red. With a look of absolute awe on his face, Noel plants his lilac eyes on the only sight he hasn't drank in yet after taking a moment to appreciate the hard work surrounding him: Micah.

Said man was watching him with a charming grin that sparkles even in the darkness of the room. Both of his hands were behind his back, but when he had finally earned his boyfriend's attention he brought them into view. In his hands was a small felt box and Noel immediately knew that this would be the gift that breaks him.

"Micah I... you really didn't..." He starts to say, but his voice trails off when the other just shakes his head.

"Of course I did. You deserve the best." Micah states as he walks the short distance to where Noel is standing. He brings up his hands so that the box is in between them before slowly opening it up.

Fuck. Noel can't take this. It's too much. Micah hasn't even finished opening the box when involuntary tears start to pool in the corners of his eyes. "Oh my god." He breathes out, placing a hand over his heart as he stares down at the two silver rings being presented to him. They were simple; thin bands with a little heart cut out of the center of each of them and fine, intricate designs carved into them that you can only see when looking really closely. Nevertheless the sight of them overwhelms Noel's pounding heart with joy. "I can't believe you."

"They're platinum." Micah proudly declares as if he needed to impress Noel any more than he already has. He then plucks one of the rings out of its perch and closes the box, tucking it into his pocket for the time being. As Noel watches in awed silence, the tanned male takes ahold of his left hand and lifts it up. "Only the best for the best." He gives the other a cheeky wink before gracefully slipping the ring onto his ring finger. The fondness that rested in the nooks and crannies of his face as he adorned his lover's hand was almost enough to make Noel break down in tears. Afterwards Micah raises his hand to his mouth and presses a tender kiss against his knuckles. With his lips still close enough to brush against Noel's soft skin, he finally poses the question that's been eating away at him this whole time. "Do you like it?"

"Are you stupid??" Noel blurts out before he can stop himself while the tears in his eyes finally start to spill down his rosy cheeks. "I love it! I couldn't ask for anything more." A soft, lovestruck smile takes over his lips as he stares up at the other. Micah doesn't get the chance to reply before Noel circles both of his arms around his neck, pulls him down, and locks their lips together. The intensity and the gratitude behind the action was enough to send a round of goosebumps up Micah's toned arms. He's quick to respond, placing his hands on his hips and bringing his petite body closer.

While he would love to stand there and kiss him forever, Micah slowly moves his face away so he can say the last thing that's still on his mind. "Happy Valentine's day, baby." He mumbles like he didn't want anyone to hear him despite them being the only ones in the room. Noel had thought it was impossible for him to feel anymore loved right now but those simple words were enough to prove him wrong. With a big grin on his face he urges Micah's mouth to connect with his once more so that he can kiss him again. And again. And again.