Chapter 3

Katie's P.O.V

     I watched the door open to reveal Ashley standing there. He looks at me, his eyes are hard to read, hoping to get a reaction. Looking over him, I remember when I first got him into the music he plays so much nowadays, he steps forward and grabs me in a hug.

     "Don't you ever leave like that again, Katie," he whispers as he holds me

'I won't. I'm here to stay by your side, big brother' I write on his back.

He looks at me, worried "How come you haven't spoken?"

I show him the scar across my throat from before I saw him for the last time.

His eyes widened and he held me closer "That's why you left, to get better"

I nod slowly, holding onto my brother I write on his back again 'The doctors aren't sure if I will ever be able to speak or sing again'

"We will try, the world misses your amazing voice the music one and the normal one," he whispered and brought me inside the house.

     He leads me around and shows me where everything is, making sure I'm not confused cause it's a big house. He looks back and smiles at me, glad to be together again. We enter the living room to see a half passed out CC on the floor, making me smile and shake my head. Ashley sneaks up and blows an airhorn right over CC's head, making him jump up with a yell.

Jinxx started laughing, while Andy shook his head. He noticed me and smiled happily before coming over to me and giving me a hug.

     "I'm glad you showed, we figured you would want to hang with all of us," he said softly as he pulled away from the hug.

I smiled warmly and nodded, searching my pockets for paper and a pen. Ashley handed me a wipeboard and marker to write on.

Andy looked at us curiously and smiled "You two are actually related?"

I nod and write down, 'Yeah, I'm just the better looking of the two of us'

Ashley reads it and mocks offense "How dare you?! You used to love my hair" 

    I laugh and roll my eyes playfully at my brother, just glad that he has finally let me back into his life. I smile at him and look around at the others as I hear my phone ding. I look down and see....