Prologue

In the shadows, below the Moons. 

A dragon was hiding.

Her black scales skimmed the edge of a tree, and she ducked as a Skywing walked passed. The Skywing didn't look at the broken tree where The Nightwing was hiding. Her breath was calm. But then there was talon steps to her right.

One. Two. One. Two.

It seemed too much for her to take in. She rolled to her right and kept . counting.

One. Two. One. Two. One. Two. Three? There are no dragons that talons make that noise.... Unless..?

A strange noise echoed in her ears. She shook her head before realising what it was. A zebra. Her mind whispered. She loved the strange animals, although no one would pay any attention to her love of them. She would sneak into the Rainwing tunnels, and then into the Sandwing, to only fly towards the water hole not far in the west. There would always be some Zebra's. Their stripes would drag her into a world unknown. She felt the urge to turn around, bolt out the tree's and tragically submit, just to get a glimpse of the wonderful creature.

No, i will not risk my family. I will not-

"Let's check in here!" A male voice boomed. Talon's stomped near her ear as she stepped on a frog. She tried to ignore it and hurried through the talons, her wings pinned to her body in a uncomfortable position. She froze as she stepped on a twig, it bending but not breaking. She let out a sigh of relief.

That only lasted 5 seconds.

The next step she took was fatal. A rope tied in a circle, and in the shadows, a net ready to grab it's victim. She got tugged into the air with brutal force, the dragon yelping. She felt eyes pin her down as someone called, "There she is! Get her!" She knew that they were ready to dig their claws into her flesh, howling in joy, but she didn't want that to happen. She spread her wings, (Oh my gosh it is so windy outside the ground is vibrating. Sorry to interrupt :P) Thrashing about, the rope of the animal trap digging into her scales. She scowled as a whoosh came near her ear, and then she landed with a thud on the sandy ground.

Voices barked orders, but as she scanned the forest quickly, she couldn't see anyone. Weird. She though, and hurried into a shadow. Hopefully they wouldn't see her scales.

Sure enough, the search party got bored, and left with one of the many black scales that their prey had. The dragon in the shadows let out a sigh of relief, when the talon steps faded away. That moment was short lived.

"FarSight?"

Farsight almost jumped out of her scales when she heard the call. Sand rubbed against her underbelly in a uncomfortable way. She looked in the darkness, squinting. Her night vision clicked on and she saw the dragonet. Her Dragonet.

Starflight shuffled forward, the silver scales beside his eyes glinting in the moonlight. "Why are they here?" He rubbed his talons together, as if wanting permission to get any closer. Farsight waved her wing in a arc, granting that permission. He jumped over, and then flinched, noticing how dark Farsights thoughts were. Starflight then noticed something that she didnt. "You have a snake bite..." He pointed to her talon, which was bleeding badly. 

"Im sorry, where is your sister?" She finaly said.

Starflight frowned. "Back at the Volcano. Im sorry i came here when im only two..." He said, his voice drooping. Farsight sighed.

"If it wasn't for you, i would be dead." She gave him a all teeth grin. Starflight mimicked her, showing all of his white teeth. (Oh, that is something you would see in a nightmare (*._.) ) Farsight Smiled at her dragonet. Knowing that everything would be all right. She lifted her head to the moons, the one full moon gleaming in the sky like a firework.

Everything will be all right.