Chapter 3 (Starflight)

A/N: I can just imagine the dragonets calling Starflight's name. Moosic to my ears. :) And also, if you want your OC in this story, i'm open to ideas. Just tell me what tribe he/she is in, what type of character it is and what powers. Don't forget genders! Once i have around 10- 15 names, it will be a lucky draw and i will pick out only 5. Good luck!

(Starflight's POV)

The Nightwings lived in a volcano.

A REAL live VOLCANO.

How STUPID is that? Starflight would never admit it out loud, but, he hated it.

The prey was disgusting, the air was basically just smoke, and the island reeked of death and decay. The whole tribe was on the edge of extinction. His family and friends tortured dragons just to learn about them. If any dragonets managed to get past the guards and into the rainforest, you would come back hanging over the edge of the volcano.

Other than those things, yeah, it was great.

Starflight kept having visions of the volcano erupting, red dripping over the scales of black dragons, the dragons screaming and clawing at their scales. He kept telling the tribe that that was what going to happen, but everyone kept thinking he had false visions like everyone else. If his powers could help them, they would be living at the top of the food chain.

And his mind reading?

Forget about it.

He hadn't given anyone any clues that he could read minds, it made it fun to see things that happened inside a dragon's head. Such as, like today, what mischief she is going to cause.

It was a normal day. Cough, choke, drink water, cough some more, fly around looking for a escape route, cough more. He was walking down the corridor when he heard a little whisper, but in his mind. Starflight pricked his ear up and listened carefully:

Im gonna escape to the rainforest! I can do this! This will be awesome! Act casual.

Starflight sighed and walked around towards where the sound of the voice was coming from. He rounded a stone corner and came eye-to-eye with his sister.

"Get out of my way, Lizard!" Fierceteeth hissed and stormed ahead. Starflight got out of his stay-still-and-they-will-think-you-are-dead pose and stared blankly after her. A burly Nightwing ran past and stopped right next to his sister. They exchanged a few words and walked together.

The Nightwing was thinking of ways to impress Fierceteeth, while Fierceteeth was thinking of the rainforest. Out of curiosity, Starflight kept following them until they reached the end of the tunnel.

Smoke billowed around black dragons in the sky, and molten lava dripped down from the volcano in some parts. Starflight heard his stomach rumble as he smelt the far away scent of boar. He wanted to go hunting since it was his day, but forced his talons to keep walking towards the two dragons. A coughing Nightwing walked past him, her ribs showing and easily seeing her hip bones.

Starflight felt sorry for that Nightwing, she must have been not important to be starved like that. He shoved his grief away as he saw the Nightwing that was travelling with his sister flap towards the rainforest entrance and knock out the guard.

He could distantly hear the voice of Fierceteeth's, "Was fly up and bang them on the head is what you called sneaking past? Come on Strongwings!" 

Huh. So the burly nightwing is Strongwings. Never saw that coming, Starflight thought as he followed his sister towards the cave. The rocky landscape underneath his talons turned into dirt (Wow!) as he crept through the tunnel. The air gradually got lighter, and before you knew it, he reached the end of the tunnel.

The light was so bright he thought that he was having his eyes stabbed out. Starflight breathed in and flicked his black tongue in and out, tasting the wind (Wind!) . When his eyesight cleared, he saw a grey sloth dangle from the tree's, eyeing him sleepily. A bunch of banana's (Fruit!) dangled nearby, and he licked his lips.

Before you knew it, he was chomping of a banana hungrily. The flavour exploded in his mouth, filling his gut better than any decaying animal he had ever eaten. He closed his eyes in bliss, and swallowed. He flapped up towards the trees (Trees!) and crashed into a leaf the size of himself. 

He groaned. "Soooooo Sooooft." Starflight mumbled and rolled down, spreading his wings before hitting the ground. He flapped towards a small waterfall, and lapped up the water. Starflight then hopped in the water himself and paddled around, snorting out bit's of fresh water occasionally.

After a while he climbed out and shook his whole body, feeling the water drip off him easily, and not stay there for eternity like it normally did in the Nightwing island. As he walked around, he realised the sun was setting. I should go back now, Starflight thought with disappointment. He wanted to never go back, to roll around in the dirt and stay there forever, but he had to because if he didn't, Morrowseer would come find him and bash him into a pulp.

He was about to go back when he thought he heard a whisper of a mind.

We should take him back, see if he is nice! Oooooo look at his scales! Okay, here we go!

Starflight barely had time to blink before something landed on his shoulder. It felt like someone biting you, hard and sharp. He turned around and stared at a little device with something red on the end. 

Starflight blinked once before falling into darkness.

Dun dun duuuun! My first cliffhanger! So, next is Sunny, and then The skywing. Wow. I got two done in one day. New record! Anyways, if you haven't, scroll up to the top and read what i wrote about someone's OC. If there is no comment's by the 10th of march, i will add my own. Good luck my peeps! Bye!