Minor accident (Chapter 6)

After buckling Mateo up and getting inside my car,I grab my phone and put it on speaker and try to call Rio while I'm leaving Beth's driveway.After he doesn't pick up,I try to call him again and put the phone to my ear this time.After the second ring I hear someone answer but before I can say anything something hits my car.Without realizing I had ran a red light and a blue Nissan hit my car full force,knocking the wind out of me and making me drop my phone.My Brain was whirring I didn't know what happened that's when a loud crying interrupted my thoughts. "Mateo!", I scream turning around to make sure my baby was okay.He had a scratch on his head but nothing life threatening.I get out of the car and pick Mateo up and wipe the blood from his scratch when I hear a man running up to me, "Oh my god,are you okay?,I'm so sorry,I didn't see you this is totally my fault!", I smile slightly at the man then I say, "No no no,we're okay and it's my fault not yours,I was on my phone not paying attention, it should be saying sorry,again I'm so sorry.", after I finish my sentence I remember I was on the phone and that someone answered.I walk back over to the car and search for my phone. "Y/n,Y/n! Are you okay y/n,Answer me dammit!", I hear a voice screaming from somewhere on the floor.After hearing the voice I locate my phone under the passenger side seat and pick up. "Hey hey,I'm okay,just a minor accident,I'll have to call you back in little bit,okay?",I say in the most calming voice I can muster. "I'm coming to get you and Mateo,where are you?". "What?No,we're fine,my car still works, I can drive home.",I say confused,usually small stuff like this doesn't get into Rio's head."Like I said I'm coming to get you,where are you.",Rio says in a firm voice. "We're at Dunn lane by that red light,where you took me to that McDonald's on our second date.",I say looking at the ground blushing slightly at the thought of our second date.Those were the good days staying out late eating fries and having late night sex in his car. "Ight,I'm on the way", I hear him say making me snap out of my thoughts.As soon as I was about to say something else he hung up. "Great,now we have to wait for him",I huff out looking at Mateo who just looks amused at everything.I quickly try to wipe away any blood on Mateo and I before Rio gets here.