Chapter 69

Elaine

The so called Valentines Day started with me waking up in the morning like any other day, but a blissful sleep later. The kind I hadn't experienced since what felt like ages. Immediately remembering the events from last night and smiling like a lunatic to myself I strolled inside the washroom.

When I was done with morning's hygiene ritual, I started on my uniform when I received a mail from the academys official site. Apparently most of the student population decided to boycott the classes in an event to celebrate the day with their loved ones.

I bark out a sarcastic laugh to no one in particular, alone in room. Apparently it was an early thanksgiving in the eyes of young adults. And add on the equation that one of the worlds most prestigious school which penalized students when they take a day off  , was defeated by the hormonal teens vile protest.

Valentine's day is now a calender holiday for stuartians.

So it should mean something.

But what?

As if on que someone else seem to go through the same and gladly logical thought like me as a message pops up.

Polar Bear: Are they serious?

I chuckle, not bothering to change the name I had save under his number. Besides he survives the coldest of temperatures like it's nothing and at his presence the degrees drops by a notch in itself. That is till I realize how hot he looks, and how it warms me up like a bear. Hence a polar bear.

So fitting yet so cringe.

I know.

Don't judge me for the scientific analogy of nick naming my boyfriend. At least it's reasonable than honey buns, papito's and god forbid, cup cakes. I could barely imagine Alex with vanilla tower frost with a cherry sitting lonely upon his lovely head without cracking up.

Me: Seemingly.

Typing out a reply I wait for his. Even though I am just across his room, the very room that he insisted I slept yesterday night in and suggested that he take the couch. I declined.  Because I know better. I know him better. He could have been legitimately  scared that once I was out, I might  change my mind or something convincingly outrageous as such.

It's Alex and it could be anything. He has a highly imaginative hypothesis when it comes to me or his wants.

And I wish to help him heal his fears.

Polar Bear: I always knew this school was a wrong decision.

I frown. An intense wounded family pride surfacing comically. And then I realized I made fun of the same thing a minute back. And defending the administration would be an ordinance of hypocrisy.

Me: Americans!

Blaming it on the nationality. Because why not?

Polar Bear: what do they even do on this day?

At that I try to speculate, with squinted eyes and puckered lips. Apart from the physical efforts that one could carry out any day, what could make this day feel so special?

If special is the forte, to me every single day with Alex would be a valentines day. It's not like you can love and celebrate someone for a one and forget the next.

Me: No idea.

Polar Bear: Why are you replying in one words?

Polar Bear: Is something wrong?