t h r e e

EDITED

    The school bell rang. Anna vaguely heard her teachers voice yelling over the screaming children's voices, telling all the children to have a nice summer. She was slouched in her chair, her brown hair thrown up in a bun, and her bright green eyes red from crying. The other children filed out as quickly as they could, all excited to get out of the school for their summer break. Anna wouldn't be going to primary school after summer. She would be going to a different school. A school for crazy people. Anna quickly wiped her eyes and nose, and sniffled. Grabbing her stuff and rising, she slowly walked to Mrs.Greene's class where her parents would be talking about her new arrangement. Much less of an arrangement, she thought, more of a punishment for being unliked.  She opened the classroom door, and found her teacher talking to her surprised looking parents.

    "Well there she is!" Said her mom. Anna looked at the arrangement stiffly. "You're okay with sending me off?! Do you not find it a little unruly just because of my situation?" Her mother smiled. "Of course I don't dear, this is perfect for you. Imagine all the friends your going to make, the things you could learn...your father and I never got a chance to go to an-" Anna took a sharp breath in. "Don't you see I don't want to go to that place? I'm not crazy! I'm as perfectly normal as everyone else!" Anna's mother looked nothing less than shocked. "I never said you were crazy dear, only...different." "Mum, I don't want to be different! You are not going to send me off to a school full of people with mental problems when I'm here, who is perfectly normal! I may as well run away!" With those words, Anna jogged to the door, grabbing the cold metal handle and turned to her family and teacher. "I am not crazy."

      Mrs. Greene flicked her hand, causing the door handle to fling out of Anna's, and close and lock itself.  Anna looked at Mrs. Greene shocked. "How-" Mrs. Greene looked at her sternly, her tight black bun sharpening all of her already sharp facial features. "Your mother never said you were crazy, Mrs. Baker, only different." Anna's jaw dropped open. "You are only as different as me." And with those words, Mrs.Greene pulled out a stick from her waistband of her dress, muttered a few words, and turned a desk into a couch. Then, she calmly put the stick back in her waistband and closed her eyes, a strict look on her face clearly telling the family not to talk. Her clothes suddenly changed. She was now wearing a dark, emerald green robe. She then put out her hand. "I am Minerva McGonagall, head of the Gryffindor house at Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry. You will call me Professor McGonagall, not any of this Mrs. Greene nonsense, Anna Baker."

     Anna looked at her, her jaw hanging open. "Is this a prank?" Her teacher looked at her sternly. "I promise this is not, a prank Mrs. Baker. Your parents already have the information needed, and I hope you will represent Hogwarts well." Anna nodded at her former teacher as she rose. "I hope to see you in Gryffindor." And with that, she walked at the door, leaving Anna to gawk at her parents. 

ooooooo

Hello guys, I decided I will take a little bit of a break from this book. I feel  as though no one is reading it, and my writing is not very good to begin with. But if anyone actually enjoys this book, please comment. Your votes and comments are the only reason why I wanted to post, and now there is none. I will continue on with this chapter once I have the inspiration. Thank you all for giving this book a chance! -Georgia