Chapter Ten

****ONE MONTH LATER****

Ginny bent over the porcelain bowl, emptying her breakfast into it's inside.

"Ginny? Are you okay in there?" Harry asked, knocking lightly on the door. He was answered with another violent retch.

Slowly, he opened the door of the bathroom and knelt down beside Ginny. He began to rub small circles on her back until she was done.

Harry leaned back against the cabinet, legs out in front of himself. Ginny leaned back against Harry, and he wrapped one arm around her, stroking her hair with another.

"What's going on?" Harry gently asked. ­­

"I don't know," Ginny shook her head and gave a small cough.

"Have you come down with a nasty bug?" Harry asked. "Or do you think you could be...."

He trailed off and Ginny sat up a bit straighter.

"I don't think..." her mind flashed back to Valentine's day about a month ago, and the night they had shared after the wonderful date Harry had planned.

"I haven't had my monthly yet," Ginny sighed, mentally tracking her cycle in her mind. She was never late, but now thinking about it, she should have had it three days ago.

"Hey, it's alright," Harry comforted, wrapping his arms around her. "We'll go to the drug store and get a test, how about that?"

Ginny nodded, looking up at Harry as he stood up.

"Don't worry about it Gin. You're either pregnant and we're going to have another beautiful baby, or you just caught a bug that's going around. It's fine," Harry kissed the top of her head and opened the bathroom door.

"I'll be back in a few, love you."

"I love you too. Thank you," Ginny replied. Suddenly, another wave of nausea hit her and she clutched her stomach as she doubled over the porcelain bowl.

"I'm going to call Hermione over and see if she'll watch the boys while I'm gone. You don't need to worry about them and I don't particularly want to bring them with me. They'll beg for all of the sweets," Harry grinned at his joke.

"Wait," Ginny called. "Can you call my mum instead?"

"Of course, Gin. Whatever you want."

"Thank you," Ginny gave him a weak smile as he closed the door.

A few moments later, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Ginny groaned. She had just finished with another bout of violent nausea, and was ready for a nap.

"Oh Ginny dear," Molly said as she opened the door to find her daughter curled up on the cool linoleum of the bathroom floor.

"Mummy," Ginny whimpered, beginning to tear up. She had never liked being sick, but Mrs. Weasley had always made her feel much better.

"Harry told me what was going on. I'm happy to take the boys for the night."

"You don't need to take them overnight, just while Harry runs to the pharmacy down the road," Ginny replied.

"I think you and Harry need to tackle this alone. You two need to focus on one another right now. And even if you aren't pregnant, Ginny, you're not going to want to worry about two little ones while you're sick."

Ginny was silent for a moment, pondering what her mother had said.

"I suppose you're right. But only for one night. I feel bad because it feels as if you're always taking the boys."

Mrs. Weasley repositioned herself from a squatting position to where she could comfortably hold Ginny under her arm, as she used to do when Ginny was a child.

"I've never told you this dear, but after I had the twins, your grandmum and granddad took all of the boys often, purely for your father and I's sanity. Five kids were a lot, and you know Bill and Charlie- they weren't exactly easy. Then add Fred and George as babies into the mix..." she chuckled sadly. "I would do anything to lose my sanity over the two of them again though."

"I just wanted you to know that you and Harry aren't doing this alone. That is the plus side of those sweet boys having so many aunts and uncles and a set of grandparents who love them to the ends of the earth- there's always going to be someone to help," Molly kissed the top of Ginny's head and rubbed small circles into her back.

"Thank you mum," Ginny breathed, nuzzling into her mother's chest. "I love you."

"I love you too. Now," she stood up. "Let me go get those boys so Harry can go and you two can find out!"

And with that, she disappeared downstairs, leaving Ginny alone to ponder the idea of having a third child.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Ginny I'm ba-" there was a thud, and then a loud clamber. "Ginny I'm back!"

Harry raced back into their bedroom, where Ginny had managed to move to the bed, a waste bin positioned next to her strategically.

"Did you just fall?" Ginny raised an eyebrow, looking amused.

"Yes, but that's not the point," Harry waved it off as Ginny laughed.

"I didn't know which one to get so I got five. They all said they're the most accurate, so I don't know which is lying," Harry rambled.

"Harry," Ginny said, standing up and walking towards him slowly and then gently taking the sack from his hand. "I'm going to go take one, and we will go from there."

"Okay," Harry took a deep breath. He had never actually been a part of the testing process before, and he was beginning to realize why. This was insanely stressful.

"Let me know when you're done," Harry called, and Ginny rolled her eyes from behind the closed door.

She headed for the toilet and quickly took the test before placing it on top of a piece of toilet paper on the counter.

She opened the door, and there was Harry, waiting like an eager puppy. "So, what does it say?"

"Harry, it's going to take a few minutes," Ginny sighed, patting her husband's shoulder before walking over and plopping down on the bed.

"I'm so tired, and I feel like bloody crap," she moaned, covering her eyes with her hands and flopping backwards.

Harry came over and took a seat next to her and began to stroke her hair. They sat like this for a few minutes before Harry stood up and walked over to the bathroom door.

"Okay, I'm going to grab it and make sure I don't look. Then we can look together, okay?" Harry asked, and Ginny sat up, nodding.

"Okay," he grabbed it and dramatically closed his eyes as he walked over and took his seat next to Ginny.

"Okay, on three I'm going to flip it over and we can check."

"Okay," Ginny breathed, wiping her sweaty palms on her sweatpants.

"One... two... three..."