Chapter Thirty Two

"Bloody hell Ginny!" Harry exclaimed. "Why didn't you say something earlier? I think you're in labour!"

Ginny gasped as another contraction tore at her stomach, and suddenly her pants grew wet. McGonagall, Ginny and Harry all looked down at where the amniotic fluid was soaking through the crotch of her pants and dribbling onto the leather sofa.

Eyes wide with fear, Ginny glanced at Harry.

"I think you may be right. I think I'm in labour!"

*

"Shit!" Harry exclaimed, eyes bugging out of his head. Despite this being their third kid, Harry didn't know what to do. The contractions seemed to be coming hard and fast out of nowhere.

Thankfully, McGonagall remained levelheaded and calm.

"Well, as much as I would love for you two to stay and have lunch with me, I do believe it's time we get Mrs. Potter to St. Mungo's," the witch smile fondly at her previous students.

"Yeah," Ginny hissed, rising to her feet slowly. "I think that's a good idea."

Ginny glanced over to Harry, who was pacing in front of the fireplace.

"We don't have the hospital bag with us. Hell, we don't even have a hospital bag packed!" Harry tugged at the end of his hair, like he always did when he was nervous.

"Harry, we don't have to worry about that right now. Send a message to Hermione or my mum and ask her to pack one and meet us there," Ginny bit her lip as she finished speaking, another contraction gripping her body.

"Oh dear, they're only about three minutes apart," McGonagall tsked, making her way over to the fireplace and grabbing a handful of Floo Powder and throwing it in the flames.

"St. Mungo's Maternity Ward," McGonagall called, and the flames parted.

"Alright you two," McGonagall turned to Harry and Ginny. Ginny gave her a small hug, grateful for her help.

"I'm sorry we didn't get to stay very long. We'll come visit Hogwarts soon, I promise," Harry told her, giving her a small kiss on the cheek before grasping Ginny's arms and leading her into the fireplace.

McGonagall clasped her hands in front of her and smiled, resting her chin on her hands as she watched the couple disappear through the fire.

*

"You're doing great Ginny, just keep breathing," Harry coached, using his thumb to push away the sweaty hair that was plastered to her forehead.

"How about I tell you to keep breathing, and you tell me how you bloody like it?" Ginny hissed, squeezing Harry's hand so tightly that the tips of his fingers were bright red.

"Sorry dear," Harry planted a small kiss to the top of her head, and she fell back against the pillow.

There was a small knock at the door before it opened and Padma appeared, a smile on her face.

"Ginny, Harry, how's it going?" She asked. Ginny smacked Harry chest, indicating that she wanted him to answer while she breathed through the rest of the contraction.

"The contractions are only about two and a half minutes apart," Harry told Padma, and Ginny gave a small sigh as she rode out the rest of the contraction. Her body visibly relaxed, and she closed her eyes for a moment.

"She's definitely taking after me," Ginny panted, "she's being very impatient and wants out now."

"Well then let's take a look at how dilated you are now, shall we?" Padma smiled, pulling out her wand and making pair of gloves appear and slide on to her hands.