Chapter Twenty

"What's going on?" Ginny asked as her husband grabbed her hand and pulled her down the corridor.

A taunting look appeared on Harry's face as he pulled her into a dark room, closing the door behind them.

"I want to show you something."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What are you doing?" Ginny asked, clutching Harry's hand with one hand as she fumbled to find her wand with the other.

"Trust me," Harry guided her across the room until they reached a small cot. He helped her lie down on it, before the lights flipped on, and a Medi-witch walked into the room.

"Mrs. Ginevra Potter?" She asked, glancing down at the parchment she was holding.

"Yes, that's me," Ginny replied, looking at Harry in curiosity.

"Alright, I'm just going to cast this charm. Hold still please, and be aware that this will tickle a bit," the witch said, pointing her wand at Ginny's belly and mumbling a spell. An image projected itself on the screen to Ginny's left, showing the very small, almost invisible image on the screen.

Ginny let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding.

"I believe you're about a month pregnant?"

"Yes. Yes, that's about right," Ginny nodded, grasping at Harry's hand.

"Well, that's very early on, and you may not be able to see the baby at all, as it is only the size of a poppy seed."

"A poppy seed," Harry breathed, "that's so small."

"Is this your first?" The witch asked, jotting something down on the parchment.

"Third," Harry and Ginny said in unison, laughing.

"Well I'm glad you two are still so excited," the Medi-witch gave them a kind smile.

"I've never seen an ultrasound image this early on," Ginny commented, explaining their awe. "My other two, I was almost two months along before I even found out I was pregnant."

"Well, congratulations. We will see you two back in a month's time. I'll keep the image up on the screen for as long as you're in here. Just see yourselves out when you're ready," the witch gave them one last smile before exiting the room.

"Our little poppy seed," Harry said, placing his hand over Ginny's, which was resting on her flat stomach. "If we didn't already have a name picked out for a baby girl, I would say that's what we could name her. After all, Poppy Pompfrey was like a grandmother to me."

He chuckled, and Ginny placed a hand on his cheek, brushing her thumb along his stubbled jaw.

"We could call the baby Poppy until we either find out the gender, or until he or she is born," Ginny suggested. "That way we don't have to always call it... well, 'it'."

"I would love that," Harry grinned­.

"And I love you," Ginny whispered, leaning her forehead against his.

"I love you too," he lovingly kissed her nose, making her giggle.

"Now let's get home to those two boys so that Neville and Hannah can leave and come see Ron, Hermione and Hugo."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(THREE WEEKS LATER)