Chapter 4 Intruder part 1

"I've never felt this much power since we were six." Said Vormir toiling in his beard and looking at the other two wizards in front of him looking assertive.

"And it's the first time in years since I've seen Shollum so worried," Adnis added holding up his hands before his face while he uses his thumb to spin the ring which was on his little finger as he, Vormir, and Verdis focuses their stare at Shollum the eldest of the wizards who was standing by the podium which the black crown laid.

"We should be on our guard, in fact, we must open our awareness for the Sinistry. Said Vormir, This power which flows through us at the moment is not to be taken likely."

"Myself don't think it can derive from anything good but at the moment it can aid us in reinforcing the barrier over the Sinistry." Adnis state as he looked at Verdis who place his index and middle fingers on the neckless around his neck then wave it before his face making an ark.

"I guess he agrees."

"Whilst we remain ignorant of the power surging through us, our concern should focus solely on this accursed thing in front of us," Shollum spoke breaking his stare from the black crown as he turn around slowly to look at his council of wizards.

"Shollum aahh...... Adnis utter but before he could finish the door flew open and in came two young wizard apprentice griping onto a young and agile looking young boy which seems to be about twenty-four years. He was in a black pants and a dark green shirt which was almost black also and had a scar over his left eye.

"Take your filthy hands off me !" The young man shouted while he tried to free himself from the two apprentices who were struggling to hold him.

"Ahh tell me now what is a badger doing here? Tell me D'saan why would you guys bring a badger on through the border ?" Vormir ask
"He was... D'saan one of the apprentices tried to answer.
"I came here by myself, seems, at last, there is magic stronger than barrier you have around this place." The young man blurted out with a cunning smile on his face.
"Ahhhhhh magic you say nah? hmm, now little Badger tell me your name.." said Vormir as he bend down a little lower to confront the young man a little more personal.
"Am not here to answer questions nor to be interrogated by you fools!" He answered
" Fools! Hmmm." Said Adnis while he and Verdis looked at each other as if they were not pleased.

"Release him at once." Shollum command. The two young apprentices immediately let go of the young man but they stood close in case he tries anything. While he stands to his feet so does Vormir.

"Now little badger I am a wizard of principle and I like to address fellows by their names, aah now am going ask once more what is your name, or probably I have to show you how foolish I am." Vormir sounded more serious this time.

"It's Jack Ringshingler the name is Jack Rinshingler if it pleases you," Jack answered.

"A badger with a last name ah?" Adnis state looking confuse

"Because he is not a badger look at him." Stated Shollum

"What do you mean nah?" Vormir asked also looking confused.

"What do you know old man ama badger that's what I am." Jack blurted out

"Vormir do you remember the reign of the witch of Velchester and our quest to end her?"

"Yes I do nah but what does it have to do with this boy here?" Vormir asked
Adnis and Verdis stared at each other in confusion and excitement.

"See you guys are getting old, you can't even remember the great old quests we use to share," Shollum replied.

"Aah Shollum nah this fellow is here on a quest of his own why let's not waste is time nah." Vormir trying to continue is the interrogation

"How does that old hog of Velchester makes me a pirate?" Asked Jack looking confused while trying to relinquish the idea of being a pirate.
"Well, you see when we were a council of six, the mission to destroy that witch was task to us. I must agree with you on the hog part, she was a formidable force to reckon with yet she shows no weakness....." Shollum spoke.
"Don't bore me old man that old witch is dead and whatever it is you have left to say has nothing to do with me." Jack blurted out once more this time looking at the two apprentices in scorn who stood guard.
"Now Shollum I remembered that quest, the same quest that cost Verdis is Voice and Dgondor is sight." Adnis stepped in
"Yes, Adnis, after which to avoid any more possible arm, Jhori suggested we gather our losses declared we retreat," Shollum responded
"Like the cowards you are!!" Jack continues to blurt out his frustration with the wizards.

"Well you see nah, that very idea was what gives us the opening on her." Vormir rebutted.

"Captain do you think this is a good idea, how do you know you can trust these old fuckers?" Asked Gigad with fear and concern all over his face.
He was a short fellow with sharp eyes tall beard, hair braided with piracy written all over him.
"I don't, but whatever it takes to put an end to this witch! now sit the fuck down and steady the crew !!" Replied Captain Jackhorn looking forward to his destination with purpose and anger in his eyes. He was the Captain of the crew, their leader, standing tall and strong in his black cloak with his sword at his side and face filled with hair.
The crew was in turmoil, they were scared and there was pointless debate amongst themself. Standing on the side of the ship as if they were looking over were the six wizards on board, the reason for the turmoil the cause of grieve but mostly was the mission which they were on that drove the crew into anguish.
"We're all gonna die!!" shouted One.
"And for what cause?!" shouted Another.
"Grab hold of your damn balls you blabbering cunts!!" Gigad bellowed at the crew.
"Are you all not pirates? What are you eh?" He continued but you could see in his eyes he was in agreement with the crew but he had to do what his captain command.
The crew quiet down a little but you could still hear the muttering amongst themselves.
"Calm yourself down this is not our fight but we will follow our captain in his quest we are a crew not a bunch of cowards as you dear now!" Gigad continues to instruct his men.
"This is suicide !!" Out again another shouted out.
He then jump overboard in the open sea and after him went another and another and they continued. Gigad stood in surprise and pain as he watch his men jump to their deaths. A few men remain but you could see they were scared, in their minds they were somewhere between not wanting to die and not wanting to drown to death.
"Now they shall "see" the error of their ways." Jhori laughs out at the crew and the wizards laugh to themselves except for Vormir and Shollum.
"Bloody pirates nah." Vormir sighed.

"Captain!!do you not see? More than half the crew has deserted the ship! stop this madness and ration your thoughts!!" Gigad begged at Captain Jackhorn while running back to the ship's deck.
"How many men remain?" Jackhorn calmly asked while still looking ahead.
Gigad turned around to count, eyes filled with tears and plea.

"Captain we have twelve men remaining not counting those six devils," Gigad stated still trying to convince Captain Jackhorn to turn the ship around.
"You're the captain of Black bay," Gigad added trying to remind Captain Jackhorn that he has biggers responsibility than vengeance
"We have twelve pirates remaining then." Replied Captain Jackhorn ignoring Gigad rants.
" The crew shall now advance." He continued.
"Vengeance is a road with a shallow path, a question with one answer." Said Dgondor talking amongst his wizard's council.
"Death, For whoever seeketh such answers," Shollum added, as they stood onboard unbothered by the events of the crew around them.
" Ahh, this witch does know her way around men's hearts first Denerk of Crater hall now this poor pirate," Verdis stated nodding his head in dismay.
"That's a big problem for Cruster bay hence why we need to put an end to her here and now. Her existence has stained our land for far too long, if we all die tonight it's for the future of Cruster bay." Shollum joins in on the conversation.

To be continued

*next update on Sunday*