One

Author's Note:  So I'm trying something new in writing.  I always have trouble getting past ten pages on any stories because I obsess on having it perfect. Or I get stuck on a part I just don't want to write. So now when I reach a paticulary sticky part that I just can't be satisfied with I'm just gonna barrel through, write it out, and post it anyway.   This experiment could churn out really crappy writing so I apologize in advance but  I'm determined to finish at least one book in my life time.  I'm keeping my expectations low so not to be disappointed but I hope you love it all the same.  So far it's been a lot of fun to write, please enjoy!

THE RAION

Children of the Nekoka: Book One

ONE:  Japan, 2018

       Raion Akio stared through the darkly tinted window of the Nekoka embassy car as it drove down the street in front of the school. The sound of the roaring crowd was only a muted hum from inside. No one outside seemed fazed by the bitter winter cold, and instead the whole high school campus was ablaze with excitement. Electricity tingled in the air. Every window of every building seemed to be open as faces peered out. Paparazzi filled the street outside the the school, and hoards of fangirls swarmed around the gates.

        The hype had been mounting ever since the announcement had been made last week. A small group of the nekoka teens were being enrolled into the Sapporo International Senior High School. It was one of Japan's most elite private boarding schools. It had been over a decade and finally it was decided that the nekoka youth were now ready to be integrated into the Japanese School System. They would be moving into the dorm and becoming apart of campus life. It had been set up that in the next year other small groups of Nekoka, called prides, would also be entering schools all over Japan. Akio's pride was chosen to be the first group. Everyone believed that it was to further peaceful relations between the two species but he was certain there was a darker hidden agenda behind this.  Something didn't add up.  Especially not when the week before the streets had been filled with protesters.  He couldn't fathom of how it could change so quickly.

       When the alien spaceship of the feline humanoids had crashed on the island of Aogashima seventeen years ago,all but one of the adults died. The children aboard had all been in stasis, and managed to survive in the safety of their hibernation pods. There were hundreds of them, most had been babies, and none were over the age of ten earth years. Every single one of them was male. Even after all these years there was still very little was known about the Nekoka and why they were traveling with a mostly infant population of boys. Akio, along with the other nekoka youth, had been raised almost entirely by humans.

He couldn't truly complain, the Japanese had in fact taken very good care of him and his pride brothers. They had set up The Sentaa to provide for and support the Nekoka. And by Japanese standards his life had been quite privileged. In all actuality, except for the obvious physical differences, he was in every sense Japanese. His was the last age group  and with having only males they were facing extinction.  Akio knew that it would soon become very important to understand what the Nekoka really were.

      Akio knew nothing about his own species, even the name for their species, Nekoka, was an earth term given to them by the Japanese. He knew nothing of their own home world, their culture, nor why they were here on Earth.  He had no memories from before earth, accept maybe one, the voice of someone singing.  But he couldn’t be sure it was real, it was just a voice he seemed to remember.  Sometimes he dreamed about it.

        He tried to ask about their home and even the most basic questions where blocked at every turn. The Sentaa appeared to be wholly ignorant, if it wasn't an act. But even the newly formed Nekoka Council, made up of the now adult aged Nekoka, seemed determined to keep the younger ones in the dark. He even tried to question the council alpha directly. Head Alpha, Raion Jirodayu was the lone adult survivor from the crash. Frustratingly, he had kept his answers to Akio vague and tried to assure him there was nothing to worry about. Akio was supposed to enjoy this new experience, just be a teenager and have fun. Akio could tell he wasn't being taken seriously, the council clearly had no respect for his authority as the leader of his pride brothers. He may be too young to be recognized as a true alpha but he would not just ignore his instincts.