Five

THE RAION

Children of the Nekoka Book One

FIVE

       Dinner in the cafeteria was really the only time the Nekoka could inconspicuously meet together. It didn't really allow for them to talk about matters meant only for their ears. Akio was still trying to navigate on how he was going to be able to keep track on all of them. There was too many of them to just sit together but it was really important that he touch base with everyone. Prides needed a sense of community, togetherness, to work. Everyone needed to feel included, that their opinion mattered, that they mattered. He went around to each of the tables and asked how everyone was doing. He had decided earlier that since they wouldn't be able to use his room their new meeting place would be in his beta's Masaru's room that he shared with Sho. Thankfully they both agreed to the intrusion and it was all set that if anyone had issues they needed to discuss they would meet at Masaru and Sho's. Mostly, everyone seemed excited, they actually were enjoying themselves. There was lots of talk of school cultural festival and some good-natured jabs on being in competition with each other. Nobody had any problems so far and everything was fine.

       He didn't really want to relax just in case , and he wasn't going to let his guard down, but there was nothing for him to do. There wasn't even a fight for him to settle from among his pride brothers like usual. Everyone was on their best behavior. He wasn't holding out much hope that this was going to last but it was nice. He settled down and ate his dinner sharing a table with Sho and Makoto. Sho chattered incessantly over how well their tryout had gone. He went on and on at how excited he was to be apart of a real soccer team. Makoto explained the teams strengths weaknesses as he dissected what different various members of the soccer club needed to work on. He would probably make an excellent coach even if he was a little on the critical side.  

       After dinner Akio he showered and started working on homework. Jun wasn't there and he had the room to himself. He ended up thinking more about the days events then the homework. It was weird not to be surrounded by everyone like he was at the Sentaa. Akio was leaning back in his chair staring at the ceiling when Jun walked in at about 8:00pm, drenched in sweat.  

       "Did you go workout some more?" Akio asked. Akio couldn't help but wonder if it was because Jun hadn't been able to get a full workout at the club since he had walked out. He felt the twinges of guilt again.

       "Yea, I went for a run after dinner." replied Jun, as he grabbed a towel. "I'm going to wash up first, if that's okay?" he said

       "I've already showered, so take as long as you want." Akio said.  

       "Ok thanks" he said and went straight into the bathroom. Akio went resume leaning back in his desk chair. Now he really couldn't concentrate on homework. He kept turning over the event s of the club meeting in his head. It was probably immature of him to have left like that. It wasn't exactly how an alpha was supposed to behave. He couldn't just stalk off everytime he got angry. He had already been fairly certain the Sentaa was going to interfering with the life here, so he shouldn't have been surprised. He shouldn't have been angry but he was. He didn't feel comfortable being angry around humans. Maybe the Sentaa was right, to not trust him to control himself.  

       At the same time he was happy about getting the chance to talk to Hana. He smiled, it felt nice to have a friend. It was such a normal thing for high school student. Akio couldn't explain but being normal just made him feel happy. He didn't like the Sentaa making him stand out. Couldn't they have just asked him directly not to spar with anyone else. It was embarrassing, as though they had questioned his honor in front of everyone. Still he probably should apologize to Jun and the Captain.