Intermission 3

When the Lightning Came

One Shot

It had been raining for days. It was actually an ideal weather for someone wanting to relax after finding out you were not only an android, but losing your body completely. Zareth did all he could for her which was awesome. But she had asked him if he wanted to seperate at that point. She wouldn't argue if he didn't. But it was okay either way. For some reason he hadn't and kept stealing glances at her. His heart and pump box didn't want to leave her alone just yet. Just in case she needed them. She wasn't at all malfunctioning, or upset that she was now in a different body.

Sometimes it was hard for her to move her new body since it wasn't made like her old one at all. Actually she could tell it was a bit more durable, but twice as heavy.

She slowly walked out of the bathroom and over to the couch. Although instead of sitting down she fell forward onto her knees and looked out the window resting her weight onto her arms. She could see the dark clouds as they came. Zareth saw the worried expression on her face before getting up and padding his way over to her. His feet clicked on the ground since he was bare feet. He saw the dark clouds coming in from the wharf. A few ships seemed to be preparing for the oncoming storm. A few women were hurrying with bags over their heads, and children rushing home from school. Even a few dogs ran into alleyways to hide. A bright flash and lightning could be seen hitting the waves far off in the distance.

Danny made a gasp noise before dropping back onto the couch. She spotted Zareth watching the storm too.

"You know you can practically smell it when a storm is coming." Danny said and swallowed trying to look like she was alright with it. In reality she wasn't. She hated storms. She was afraid of it, and if Zareth remembered right. She never knew why. But now that he knew what she was it was probably the pain of being activated. She didn't come into the world out of love like Pixal or Zane. Or even Echo. She was brought into the world by a mad woman who didn't care about her much less care if she had harmed upon activation. Actually...it was probably worse then that. The best way to activate someone quickly was to shock them awake. Zane and Pixal had been switched on and they were able to go through their own processes. She was probably forced into existence. It would...explain why her dress was all torn up like it was. To be electrocuted to the point of rushed activation could kill any man. It made Zane involuntarily cringe.

"Come on babe...how about you and I order some pizza huh?" He asked. Danny nodded her head and watched him pick up the phone.

It took only a few moments to order the pizza but in those few moments is what it took for the window to start rattling from the winds. The rain hit the window hard. Danny stood up and backed up away from the window. She had never heard a storm at Dareths apartment before.

"Danny?" She jumped when she felt Zareths hands enclose on her shoulder. "Its just me baby." He said. She exhaled and shook her head.

"I figured I'd have stopped being afraid of storms now that I've been through more then just storms." Danny said sitting back down on the couch. A loud crack and the power went out found Zareth practically holding Danny completely. She still didn't weight that much, but the whole surprise of the thing had him back up into the wall and slide down.

Zareth cringed in pain. He sat like that for a moment before feeling Dannys hands on his face.

"Zareth Oh my gosh are you alright?" She asked Zareth opened his eyes and smiled.

"Yeah but your heavier then you used to be." Zareth said and then cringed again when he was swatted on the arm.

"Are you calling me fat?!" She yelled. Zareth looked slightly panicked.