<05>

The NCT dorms were complicated as fuck. Not only did they constantly change roommates, but they were always adding new members. I never understood how it worked, so I never bothered to memorize the process of the NCT dorms.

I'd been in Ten's room - and the NCT dorms - only twice before, each on weekends like this one.

Because Jeno had stayed behind - something about cats - we had to be relatively quiet. What with the Dreamies dorms so close by.

We sat in the middle of the floor, slurping ramen and reminiscing. We blared music, loud enough to drown out our laughter in case someone was listening at the door.

 We blared music, loud enough to drown out our laughter in case someone was listening at the door

When it hit ten-to-midnight, I slid into his room after playing games. I wasn't going to spend the night - too risky - but I was going to stay until Ten kicked me out.

Right now, his roomie was Mark. From the looks of things, Mark claimed the bottom bunk.

Stealing one of Ten's pillows, I situated myself on the floor. I scrolled through social media while Ten cleaned and turned off the music.

Then, he burst into the room. "Get up. Now."

"What? Why? What's going on?"

He pulled on my hand, making me stumble to my feet. He started to shove me around so I was walking backward as he said, "They're coming back."

My stomach dropped somewhere near my feet, eyes wide. "What?"

"A group of members is coming here. Now." He opened something behind me. "Hide." With a final push, he closed me in the closet.

I banged on the door. "Hey, whoa! And I'm supposed to just - stay in here the whole time?"

"Yes," he hissed. "Now shut up."

I opened my mouth to retort but I heard his footsteps fade and I knew I was alone in Ten's room in his closet. Huffing, I crossed my arms. I leaned back against the clothes, looking up. I couldn't see anything in the dark.

A click disturbed the silence. I held my breath as the sound of footfalls paced about the room. A groan, a sigh, and the settling of blankets.

I creaked open the door, just a peek. And there, lying in bed, was Mark.

 And there, lying in bed, was Mark

Well, shit.