Episode Six - Far from Home

"There's another what!?" Shiro exclaims.

He looks on a screen displaying an image of Keith, with the other Paladins in the background.

"Another...Voltron." Keith repeats with a sigh.

"And...Zarkon and Lotor are piloting it?" Shiro asks, uncertain.

"Not just those two. Pidge and Hunk thought they were battling Haggar and Sendak as their counterparts. We're not sure about the pilot of their Blue Lion, maybe someone we haven't seen before."

"That's...not good to say the least." Shiro says, looking disturbed. "Are we sure this isn't some kind of trick?"

"We're sure." Keith says glumly.

"We sure didn't get beaten up by an illusion, I can tell you that." Lance puts in.

Pidge elbows him in the arm.

"Hey!"

"Read the room." She scolds.

Lance's only reply is a sour expression.

"Did they say anything that might tell us how Zarkon and Lotor were both able to come back?" Shiro asks.

"Allura said she heard Lotor say some strange things...but I think maybe it'd be a good idea to discuss this later. Right now we really should get headed back to Earth. Not exactly a short journey back. Especially since we had to leave the teleduv behind." Keith cringes at that. "Really hope that doesn't come back to bite us." He shakes his head. "Anyway, we're sending you the footage of the fight. Maybe you guys will be able to notice a weakness or...something."

"Understood, we'll look it over. Get back here safely Paladins."

"We'll try." Keith says weakly.

The image of Keith disappears. Shiro moves to turn off the screen but accidentally reaches with the arm that is missing a limb. He sighs and clicks off the scree with his remaining arm. He sits back in his seat staring at the blank display.

"Another Voltron...that's just what we need right now." He rubs his eyes.

"I concur, that is highly concerning." A voice says from behind.

Shiro stiffens as he turns to see Admiral Sanda standing in the doorway to the room, just behind.

"Funny, I thought I locked that door..." Shiro ponders.

"This is my base Shiro. None of these doors are locked to me."

Shiro sighs. "I take it you heard everything?"

"That enemies you thought were dead are back and now they have their own Voltron? Unless I missed more, then yes, I caught it all."

"Does that...help or hurt our case for Earth joining the Coalition?" Shiro asks.

"I honestly have no idea. An even bigger threat could push the council to seek protection in numbers. On the other hand it could strengthen their resolve not to get even remotely involved. But from what it sounded like, your Voltron lost..."

"All the more reason to bring in the Atlas into the fight as soon as it's ready. Might make the difference next time."

"Hm." Is Sanda's reply to that.

"Sanda." Shiro says pointedly. "Can you at least try to spin this for us? Whatever you've said in the meetings I know that you think Earth should be in this fight."

"What I think doesn't matter." She says solidly

Shiro gives her a skeptical look.

She seems to chew on the inside of her mouth. "...fine. I'll do what i can. But that isn't a promise Shiro, so don't expect anything."