Episode Ten - Defenders of Earth

Hunk tentatively walks up to where Keith stands, on the field outside the Garrison base. The Paladin of the Black Lion has his back to Hunk, as he is currently overseeing the transport of the Balmeran crystals.

"Hey man." Hunk says, stepping up beside him.

"Hey Hunk. You talk to Sanda?"

"Yeah I...wait how'd you know?"

Keith shrugs, smiling.

"Dang you're getting good at this stuff...so you aren't mad?"

"No." Keith shakes his head. "I already got that out of my system, and besides, it wouldn't really be fair to you. It doesn't help anyone trying to keep someone here if they don't want to be."

Hunk nods slowly. He lets out a long breath. He glances down at the line of Lions beside them.

"Gonna miss it?" Keith asks.

"Yeah. A lot of it, I think. Maybe more than I expected."

"Well if it's any consolation, you'll be missed too. We'll never forget-"

"Hey I'm not dying!" Hunk objects.

"All right, all right." Keith chuckles. "But whatever you do after this, I guarantee it won't be as fun as being in Voltron."

"Sure, just as long as almost being blow up every other day your kind of fun..."

"What other kind of fun is there?"

They share a long laugh at that.

***

Admiral Sanda stands besides Shiro, Matt, and Sam, watching the large balmeran crystals be transported via large transport vehicles. One was being taken inside the base, while the other was moving to the partially build Castle of Lions.

"And you're certain that one of these crystals will be able to power it?" Sanda asks.

"I did all the math. I'm sure." Sam nods.

"What's wrong Sanda? Don't trust us?" Matt says with a coy smile.

Shiro shoots him an exasperated look, but Sanda ignores the comment. As the second crystal finishes being loaded onto the transport, Keith approaches the group.

"Alright, that about wraps up our side of things with the crystals, your guys should be able to take care of the rest."

"I appreciate it." Sanda said simply.

The rest of them star at her. After a moment, Sanda sighs.

"...very well. As thanks for your efforts, I will show you all something. It's about time you saw it anyway..."

***

Sanda, Shiro, Matt, Sam and Keith stand inside a descending elevator.

"Gonna show us all the bodies you got hidden down here?" Matt asks jokingly.

"No but I'm considering leaving yours." Sanda replies, deadpan.

Matt smirks at the comment and Shiro lets out a sigh.

The elevator returns to silence until it finally reaches its destination. THere is a ping, and the doors pull open. The occupants step out, getting a good look at the place the now stand inside.

It is huge warehouse, but different from the one that the Castle preparations were done in. This warehouse is actually taller than it is wide, which is to admit it's primary subject: A gigantic mecha suit, easily twice as tall as Voltron, and then some. The mecha has white and yellow armor, with a solid and thick frame. Workers and instruments surround the mecha on various levels of scaffolding.