The Beginning

"Hey Ibrahim, have you ever wondered what it would be like to have an adventure?" David asked me as he finished another game of osu.

"Yeah, I have" I responded, still absorbed in the book I was reading. "Why do you ask?"

  "Those adventures you read about in books seem so interesting, with all those life and death situations and the fact that you get to discover new places. You meet new and interesting people and the most exciting thing is that you never know what lies ahead" said David with some excitement.

  "It does seem interesting" began Ben who had his face buried in his pillow. "But those things never happen in real life man. Surely you'd know by know."

"Yeah but still, it'd be great" said David.

  "But with our luck" continued Charlie "We'd never have that happen to us, the only adventure we will ever experience is going to school every single day and having the same classes over and over again."

  "Come on Charlie, you never know, it might happen." he suggested hopefully before turning around and asking, "Hey Ronan? How is the gaming pc doing?"

  "Good man" he panted, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "I just finished installing an RTX 2080ti and an external GPU, by the time I'm done, your pc will be the best there is."

"Thank you Ronan" David smiled.

"No prob" replied Ronan.

  No one really spoke for a while after that. I just remained absorbed in my book, Ben was hibernating as usual, and the other three did some gaming.

  I sighed and closed my book. I had read enough for today. Looking at the time, I realized it was just 10am in the morning. The time just wasn't passing.

  I sat there, listening to the rhythmic sound of clicking coming from the controllers. Finally, I stood up and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day ahead of me.

  After using the toilet I washed my hands and face, brushed my teeth and made my hair. I changed out of my night suit in to a black shirt and jeans with black sneakers to match. Lastly, I wore my black watch. Looking at myself in the mirror, I knew I was ready for whatever the day threw at me. I exited the bathroom.

  "Good morning uncle! Good morning aunt!" I greeted the two adults sitting at the table. These two were David and Ben's parents. They were really nice people and I was so grateful to them for letting me stay till I completed my education in school.

"Good morning Ibrahim!" they replied happily. "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm fine" I replied giving them each a big hug. "What's for breakfast?" I inquired.

  "Egg and toast, we knew how much you and everyone else loves it so I decided to make it!" smiled David's mom.

"Oh thank you so much!" I said happily giving her another hug.

  "Your welcome sweetie" she replied hugging me back. "Can you please call all the other's to have breakfast?"

"Sure thing miss" I said before running off to the room.

  Nobody had moved from since I had left, David was still playing osu, Charlie was still playing GTA V, Ronan was still working on the pc and Ben was still sleeping with his face buried in his pillow.

"Hey guys?"

"Yeah Ibrahim, what is it?" the three asked.

"It's time for breakfast, we are getting eggs and toast!" I answered excitedly.

"Awesome! We'll be there in a minute!" spoke Charlie.

"Ok!" I answered, closing the door and heading back towards the table.

  I began setting the table for everyone. I put all the one plate in front of each chair, with a glass to the left of it, and one fork and knife on the right. It looked perfect, I was really happy with the setting.

I loved managing the house, I didn't think that was a boyish quality but I didn't care really.

  "Nice table setting Ibrahim!" David's mom complimented as she put the eggs and toast on to each of the plates.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

  The door to David's bedroom opened and out came everyone. David was in front, and Ben was at the very back. He had obviously just woken up and when I looked at him my immediate thought was 'This is a zombie.'

  His hair was everywhere, it was going sideways, standing up and falling forward on his face. His eyes were almost completely closed and he bumped in to a few walls on the way to the table.

  Eventually he made it to the table without knocking himself out. We all sat down and began eating.

  I haven't mentioned this, but David's mom is an absolutely amazing cook. She made the most delicious foods imaginable. The moment I bit in to the toast, I was in pure bliss. I closed my eyes to savor the taste. The way the toast just melted in to my mouth in to a creamy cheesy egg mixture was just out of this world.

  The eggs were so good too! Usually all fried eggs tasted the same since they were so easy to make. But David's mom made them in a way that made me want to have a whole truckload of them in one sitting.

  We hungrily devoured the eggs and toast until nothing was left. The breakfast was so good, I'd kill to have that every day.

  Picking up the plates, I took them to the kitchen and set them down in the sink. I turned on the tap and then individually washed each plate before putting them on the stand to dry.

Now that that was done, i went back to the guys to ask what their plans were for the day.

"Hey guys, any plans for today?" I asked them.

"Well, we were thinking about going biking for a few hours" answered David.

"We were going to explore these woods we found" Charlie added.

"Sounds great! Let's go then!" I said enthusiastically.

  "I'll get the bikes ready, you guys go wear your shoes and for god sake Ben, wash your face" urged David.

  I went with everyone to wear my shoes. I chose a pair of comfortable black Nike sneakers while the others wore either joggers or hiking shoes.

  David had the bikes ready outside the garage. They were mountain bikes, and not the cheap ones either. These were proper bikes built to tackle even the harshest terrain which was good because we might encounter some of that. We all sat on our bikes, made sure we had our locks with us and set off.

  The weather was very pleasant, which was not a surprise because this kind of weather was normal in England. A mild breeze was blowing, the trees shifting from side to side as if performing some sort of dance. Leaves fell to the ground, and were picked up again by the wind, and again glided to the ground. The sky was a beautiful mix of purple, pink and blue, almost like it was twilight. The sunlight was obscured behind a layer of clouds which showed no cracks in it. It was absolutely perfect weather.

  Under any other circumstances, I would have stopped to enjoy the beautiful weather, maybe even have taken out a book and read it underneath a nice, big and shady tree. But the appeal of exploring this particular forest was just too great. I could barely contain my excitement as our bikes skidded along the ground, getting closer to our destination with every passing moment.

  "Look, there it is!" exclaimed Ronan pointing towards a thin line of trees on the horizon. "It must really be huge if we can see it from so far off!"

"I know right! I can't wait to get there and check it out!" said David excitedly.

  It felt like hours getting there. In reality it was just a few minutes but I felt so relieved when I got there. I couldn't hide my smile of pure happiness as I brought my bike to a stop in a clear patch of grass before the forest.

  All of us got off our bikes and secured our bikes to trees with chains. We made sure to have them locked securely. Then we walked in to the forest.