The run

Ronan's point of view:

  I ran and ran away from the tunnel. I even left the guys behind in my sprint (Naturally, I was the fastest of them, both mentally, and physically).

  It's a good thing I remembered where the bikes were, because one look at the others told me that they didn't remember. I sighed, of course they wouldn't remember.

  After running straight for a while, I began recognizing the trees, which meant that the bikes were close. We ran a few more meters and sure enough, there they were, just as we had left them, locked and unscathed.

"Well, that was fun" I panted, bending down to prevent myself from falling. "Wanna do it again?"

  "No chance Ronan" said David, who seemed to be the least tired out of all of us. "Hey, where's Ibrahim?"

I looked around hurriedly, no Ibrahim.

Of course, now we had to go back and get him

Talk about clichés

***

"I can't see him man, maybe he's at the bikes" I suggested, crouched in the bushes.

"Let's look just a little more, we have to be sure nothing happened to him" said Charlie.

  I nodded, just like all my friends, I didn't want any harm to be inflicted upon Ibrahim, so I kept looking. My senses were on full alert, trying to find or hear anything that could tell me where he was.

  But, after looking for a while, it became apparent that he wasn't here. He was probably back at the bikes, waiting for us.

"Well, let's go and see if Ibrahim is at the bikes" I said, turning around.

  And at that very moment, I heard a thud and some rustling nearby. I didn't waste any time, in a flash, I was off and running towards the sound.

***

Ibrahim's point of view:

  "Well?" the man asked removing the gag, keeping his hand super close to my mouth. "Tell me, and don't you dare scream or I will slit your throat with this knife."

I could tell the man was dead serious. He wasn't going to hesitate in using the knife.

  I was shaking inside, but I tried my hardest not to show it. The last thing I wanted to do was to give the man any satisfaction.

"I'm not going to wait much longer" he said bringing the knife even closer.

I could feel the sharp edge of the knife lightly touching my neck. I was going to have to tell him.

  "It's in my trouser pocket" I whispered, disgusted that someone could actually be so cold hearted, and all for just a paper.

  As soon as the words had left my mouth the man forced the gag back in. Smiling, he put his hand in my pocket and dug around it. At last, he stopped and pulled his hand out, with the paper in his fist.

  "There, that wasn't so bad, was it?" he smirked. "Oh and I'm not going to let you go, no one can know about this."

  I struggled wildly hearing that, trying to break free of the death like grip. Alas, I couldn't. I could only watch in terror as he raised his knife.

This was it, I was going to die.

I shut my eyes tightly, hoping that the guys would come and save me.

***

Ronan's point of view:

  I watched in pure anger, seeing Ibrahim being gagged and interrogated in such a harsh manner. I wanted to rush out and take the man down, but I had to do this right. I had to this in such a way that the man didn't see us coming.

I saw David tighten his fists around a thick branch, waiting for the right moment.

And when the man raised his knife, we all ran out of the bushes.

***

Ibrahim's point of view:

  I heard a "Huh?" and loud thunk, and then something fell beside me. Hesitantly opening my eyes, I saw the burly man sprawled beside me.

"The FBI has arrived" announced Charlie.

"Oh my god guys, that was so close."

"Yeah, a little too close" agreed David. "Come on, we have to hurry, he can't be out for too long."

I didn't need to be told twice. We dashed off to the bikes.

  We ran through the forest of trees and bushes. We ran and ran and ran, not looking back even once. I couldn't help but continuously look over my shoulder, scared that someone would be running after us. Luckily, it seemed no one was coming after us.

  At last, we made it to the bikes and wasted no time in unchaining them and speeding off down the road.

  The speed of the wind had picked up considerably since the time we had set off for the forest. Short strands of my hair got swayed around by the wind, sometimes coming in front of my eyes. The cool wind felt amazing against my warm skin, which, despite me literally running for my life right now, helped me calm down quite a bit.

  But unfortunately, that calmness was short lived. Because at that moment, over the sound of the gusts of wind, I heard the faint sound of a motorbike.

  "Please let the person on the motorbike not be the one who was chasing us" I silently pleaded. I looked back for a split second, which was a dangerous thing to do on a bike, and looked back forward. The bike was not far off, and I couldn't see the man's face from such a distance, but he was looking at us. No doubt it was him.

Also, there were two others on bikes riding beside him.

  "They're coming after us!" I shouted, not giving a thought to the other two men. We pedaled faster, trying to lose them, but it was apparent that we wouldn't lose them. The sound of revs slowly got louder and louder; they'd catch up to us soon.

  The road split in two up ahead, one leading to a hill, and the other leading to a market. That was our only chance. We could lose them in the market.

  No words needed to be said, everyone headed towards the market. The sound of the revving was now clear in my ears, we just had to make it.

  And we did make it. I slowed down a bit, trying not to hit any of the stalls or people as I swerved between the obstacles while trying to keep ahead of our chasers.

  I heard a lot of people throw insults at us. I wanted to apologize to them, but our lives were probably in danger. I didn't have time for apologizing.

  I quickly looked behind me to see where the men were, and sure enough, I saw just what I had hoped to see. They had gotten stuck in the crowd and were yelling to get them out of the way. Hopefully that bought us enough time to get away. Hopefully.

  Racing off down the street, the lines of trees soon were replaced with buildings and houses, which increased in quantity and size. We were back at the residential part of the city.

  The sounds of revving again became apparent, it seemed our friends had gotten through the crowd. That was not good.

  But in the suburbs we had the advantage. Turning in to a narrow alley to the right, me and the others quietly but swiftly, rode to the other side, careful not to make any noise.

But a nasty surprise lay on the other side.

I cautiously peaked over and instantly jerked back. They were there, searching.

  "Now what? Go back the other way? No, too risky" I thought. It was clear they were going to keep searching for us. Running wasn't an option anymore.

That left one option, and that option was too hide.

There was a door in the wall. It was the only place to go.

  I opened the door and waited for the others to get in with their bikes. Lastly I entered, and silently closed the door behind me.

Guess all we could do now was wait.