Prologue: Mémoire

Pluie Mauve
Purple Rain

Prologue: Mémoire

"Where you used to be, there's a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night."

- Edna St. Vincent Millay

The warm sea breeze blowing on my skin felt surreal as I stood in front of you. Once again, I found myself drowning in your gaze. You smiled instantly -- that usual bright smile which always complete my day...

I want to see you again...

"What's with that face?" You said and let out a light laugh. You pinched my cheek. My heart was beating really fast...

I've always wanted to tell you... how I really feel. I was so distressed by the thought and you noticed it.

"Is there anything wrong?" That question was full of sincere concern and a hint of curiousity.

I don't know if it's okay but...

I called out your name...

"You know... I-I lov--"
But as fast as a blink of an eye, your vision started to slowly disappear...

No, not again...

This can't be happening...

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, sweaty after that dream. Once more, I felt empty as I stared at the empty spot of the bed where you used to be. Tears started to run down my cheeks and I can't help it. It has been three years but the feeling was still the same. If you only know how much I'm missing you.