•°•chapter 1•°•

Dicks pov

"I still don't see why the teachers had you come all the way down here. " I say while turning my head to bruces figure. We currently walk along side one another, down the now empty halls of Gothams prestigious academy or gpa for short. He smiles a bit while looking ahead at the updated school. And why wouldn't he? He did fund most of it.

"You did well this semester, the teachers wanted to make sure I noticed that. " he says as he walks ahead to open one of the two large doors that keep the blinding sun out. I frown slightly and walk out without saying thanks.

But did you actually notice?

I sigh inwardly and let the breeze ruffle my dark blue jacket as we stop just before the cleanly paved stairs that lead down to the pavement. I hear the door click shut as I look at the sky. The sun shines in an ocean of baby blue and no clouds linger in the air as a sweet smell of coconuts and tropical-ness wafts towards my nose.

"Dick l-"

I don't hear the rest of his words as I make eye contact with glossy pink hair that cascades with the soft wind.

I quietly gulp by accident as I watch the girl swipe a little bit of hair out of her eyes and turn, suddenly noticing Bruce and I. Her eyes that are a bright electric green with golden flakes that even I can see from where I am standing, makes their way over to my own electric blue ones.

"Nice school isn't it? " a women's voice that I've heard before says to the girl. The girl with bright eyes looks away from us as we make our way down the stairs.

Suddenly a woman follows along the white side walk. One I recognize actually.

Mrs. Wei, my science teacher, is the woman in hat walks down the tidy paved sidewalk and up towards the school. She chuckles to herself before her dark brown eyes shift over to our forms.

"Oh my! Mr. Wayne! Mr. Grayson! " Mrs. Wei's voice rings out in suprise. The older womans cheeks turn a Pink color as she looks at Bruce with a smile before turning to the young girl.

"Mrs. Wei, it's a pleasure to see you again" Bruce says with a small smile. Out of all of the teachers in this school, it always seemed as if mrs. Wei was one of his favorites.

She takes the lead and brings the girl with her as that weird smile takes over her long oval shaped face.

..and I forgot mrs. Wei has a thing for Bruce as well..

"It seems as though you're busy? " he suddenly chides while glancing at the young girl that smiles towards us.

Mrs. Wei looks taken aback for a second before stepping to the side to show the young girl. Now that she's closer, I can see exactly what she looks like. It's almost as if the sun reflects a light purple, blue and pink throught her below the shoulder lengthed hair. And her pink lips are plump and turned into a small smile.

"Actually I was showing mrs. Black around our campus. It seems as though she has taken a liking to our school! " she says the last half with a big smile and a clap of her hands.

"Is that so? " he replys with a smile.

He looks at me with a glint in his eyes, as if he knows what I'm thinking. I blush slightly as he places a hand on my back and eases me forward.

"This is my son dick Grayson. He currently attends this school. "

I hold back an embarassed growl as he chuckles at me reaction. The girl in front of me smiles, her eyes closing slightly at the action, as she lifts out a hand.

"Cherry k black, it's nice to meet you." her soft voice says. She talks almost as if she's singing. Her voice fades away into the sky as if she hadn't said anything to begin with. Her soft voice definitely is a suprise compared to her cool outer appearance. Even so, her voice actually resonates with gentle power and determination.

"U-uhm, hi I'm dick, it's nice to meet you too.. " I stutter over myself in embarrassment and lack of thinking.

Her eyes watch my every move as we shake hands and let go. She looks to be around one year below me in age, and not only that but I have to tilt my head down a tiny bit to meet her eyes.

"Hopefully you two can become friends. She'll need help adjusting herself to this new environment after all. " Mrs. Wei chides while looking at both Alex and I with a glint in her eyes as well.

I nod my head before Bruce's mouth opens once more.

"Where is your guardian if you don't mind me asking? " his deep voice asks after a pause. I look at him from the corner of my eye. It's interesting that he cares enough to ask her. Even so I'm glad he did because I could feel the question gnawing at my stomach.

Her eyes soften before she opens her plump lips to answer his question.
I feel myself blush even harder as I adjust my collar that seems to have gotten even tighter around my throat. Did it get hot all of a sudden? I think so. But before I can think on it anymore her voice brings me back.

"-Mia should be flying into town about two weeks from tommorow. I moved into our complex before she did." She explains. I nod my head before looking at Mrs. Wei who coughs a bit.

"Yes but don't worry Mr. Wayne. It seems as though Alex is very independent. I'll also keep a close eye on her for her guardian Mrs. Woods"

I notice Bruce smile a bit before suddenly moving to look down at his Rolex watch.

"I'm sorry to cut things short but dick and I have some business to attend to," he says before turning to the young girl once again.

"It was nice meeting you today. Hopefully I'll be able to meet your guardian next time."

"Thank you. good bye." she says to both of us with a small bow and wave.

I wave good-bye and follow Bruce who is already walking away with another small chuckle escaping his lips. I blush slightly as I look back to their retreating figures.

Their voices get lower and lower as we make our way off of the school grounds. We walk in silence for a couple of minutes, the birds being the only things making a noise.

"She was an interesting girl.." he says bluntly.

I eye him for a second before looking back at the pavement.

"Ya.. She was.. "