Chapter 3

Hello beasties! It's been a long time hasn't it? Well, I'm finally getting back to this story, and in this chapter, some very interesting things will be happening to Cecily! Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter beasties!

Well, finding a new life so far on her own wasn't going as smoothly as Cecily had hoped it would go.  Of course it isn't. Did you really think it would go any other way? A nagging voice inside her head told her, but she pushed it away, sitting down on the hood of her car as her shadow appeared, seeming worried about her. Cecily waved it off, drawing her knees up to her chest, sighing.

Of course, when she left home after she'd been kicked out, she'd been so certain that she'd find an amazing apartment somewhere in the French Quartier,  get famous(for what, she didn't know exactly, but wasn't that what teens did in movies or whatever? She wasn't entirely sure, because she didn't watch a lot of those films. ), and never look back, but it seemed like fate had other ideas.

Sure, she had a little over five hundred bucks that Grandma Eva gave her, so she wouldn't  have to go begging to her parents to send any money to her(she was greatful for that), but as for finding an apartment, least of all one she could easily af...

Sure, she had a little over five hundred bucks that Grandma Eva gave her, so she wouldn't  have to go begging to her parents to send any money to her(she was greatful for that), but as for finding an apartment, least of all one she could easily afford? That was a whole other story.

Apparently, five hundred dollars wasn't going to be enough to find a place of her own, as she'd clearly learned over the course of the very long, very frustrating day she had just had of apartment hunting.(and starting off the day by waking up to a stiff neck after sleeping in her car hadn't exactly helped her present mood)

Any place she had looked at today either: a. already sold, b. too expensive, and would have wiped her out completely of whatever money she currently had, c. affordable, but so horrendous she could practically feel the lice starting to form on her scalp(the rat hole in one of them didn't help things), or....

The landlord of that one apartment complex that took one look at her and her combat boots and holey jeans, and promptly said they were "not renting at the moment". But from the tone of his voice, he clearly meant: "not renting to punk kids like you, because from the looks of you, you'd probably invite all of your punk druggie friends to have all-night ragers and smoke your blunts in my rooms, so no."  But Cecily was a good sport about it, so she didn't snap at him like she normally would have done, she merely politely responded with a "Oh, thank you." and left. See, she could be polite and courteous when she wanted, she thought glowering slightly.

And the landlord tripping over his own feet and landing  his fat butt on one of the lobby's potted cactuses wasn't her fault at all, although her shadow may or may have not had something to do with it(hey, she didn't control her shadow really, and that little nod she gave to it didn't really entail anything....), she snickered a little, remembering how silly he looked, like a cartoon character with his eyes bugging outwards like that, and that yell of pain? Pure hilariousness.  Then her phone chimed from its spot in her hoodie.

A quick glance at her phone revealed a text message, being from Charlie. Cecily rolled her eyes and looked at her shadow. "What do you think, do I answer it?" Her shadow shrugged its shoulders, and Cecily sighed. "Okay, you're right. But I'm still mad at him, I'll just let him stew for a bit, then I'll talk to him." Her shadow seemed pleased at that, and didn't seem to hear Cecily mutter: "If he's still not being a bloody idiot." So, she texted back : "Busy right now, talk later".