40. you just never know

"RINGO'S GOT THAT LOOK ON HER FACE," Jessica drily commented, in the midst of tossing peanuts into the air and attempting to catch them in her mouth

"RINGO'S GOT THAT LOOK ON HER FACE," Jessica drily commented, in the midst of tossing peanuts into the air and attempting to catch them in her mouth. Nancy ignored her words, frantically highlighting sections of her notes.

"What look?" Ringo questioned in confusion, her feet placed comfortably on the chair next to her. They were in the library with the intention of doing some hardcore studying, but the only one truly doing anything was Nancy.

"The 'I'm thinking about Steve' look," Jessica rolled her eyes, failing to hear the frustrated clearing of Nancy's throat - a blatant attempt to get them to be quiet.

"Bold of you to assume I'm ever not thinking about Steve," Ringo shrugged, doodling squiggles in the margin of her notebook.

"Okay," Nancy huffed, looking up from the table and placing her highlighter down. "There is a reason I didn't invite you guys in the first place to come here, and that's because I wanted to study for my chemistry test in peace. Because that is what a library is for."

Ringo and Jessica met eyes at her rant, biting their cheeks and covering their mouths to stifle a laugh as the girl returned to her notes. A few moments passed before Jessica got bored again, eyeing the dazed expression Ringo wore.

"I bet you're thinking about doing it," Jessica pointed out, eyebrows furrowing at Ringo's reaction as the blonde visibly stiffened.

"Erm," she stared to reply, shaking her head quickly and avoiding eye contact, "nah. I was just thinking about my mom's cooking, it's pizza night. That's basically sex, though."

"Oh my god," Jessica eyed her carefully, a wry smile lifting up her lips. Nancy once again slammed down the highlighter, ready to chew them out for disrupting. "You guys haven't done it yet."

"Really, guys-" Nancy began, before breaking off to look at Ringo incredulously, "wait, you guys haven't done it?"

"What?" Ringo laughed nervously, giving away all her usual telltale signs of lying. Eyes darting from left to right, random chuckles. "Are you kidding? We do it all the time! Like rabbits! So much that we had to stop before my upper half disconnected from my lower half!"

"I can't believe you two haven't done it yet," Jessica snickered. "With how close you are I thought you'd have done it before you were even officially together."

"Steve and I done it before we were officially together," Nancy chimed in.

"Thanks," Ringo sarcastically drawled, "I remember! I was freakin' downstairs!"