20: Jiraiya-sama Clear His Tabs

Jiraiya puts a small bag of coins at her counter.

Nioka : jiraiya-sama...

Jiraiya : I'm clearly my tabs. These are enough right ?

" enough... What's going on ? It's not like you to even clear tabs." She takes out a sake bottle and pours sake into his cup .

Jiraiya : nioka. How's your baby ?

Nioka : still in my belly. Why ?

Jiraiya ; no. Just curious.

Nioka : what's going on ? Tell me.

Jiraiya ; so you can tell on me ? Hehe. I'm not that gullible.

She pushed back the bag of coins " I'm not taking it. I never minded you having your tabs here anyway. " He laughed " I never saw someone who doesn't want money. "

Nioka : ... You think you're going to die ?

Jiraiya : yaa... You ask some short questions. Lady Hatake.

Nioka : it's not funny . You're kinda half my sensei since you taught me a little after my sensei died.

Jiraiya : your sensei was my student. Also... You remind me of her. That's why I took over your team for a while .

Nioka : I see.

He sips his cup " all my students are dead. Ha..."

Nioka ; Naruto is your student. Isn't he ?

Jiraiya : that's true.

Nioka : jiraiya-sama. Do you think my sensei died satisfied ? Like... I know she died in a mission. But did she die satisfied knowing she saved her comrades ? Or did she die regretfully that she hoped there was more she could do ?

Jiraiya picks up the sake bottle and downs it " what did minato say ? He used to be such a good friend of hers."

Nioka : he said don't know.

Jiraiya: then I don't know either.

Nioka : you're might get yourself killed. Just like her. How can you not know. Except, she didn't know she was going to die. You are. That's why you're clearing your stupid tabs.

Jiraiya : you sure you don't want the money ?

Nioka : clear your tabs when you come back. Jiraiya-sama.

Jiraiya stands up from the seat " and if I don't ? "

Nioka ; please come back and pay your tabs. And... Don't die. Jiraiya-sama.

He turns and leaves without looking back.