Chapter 3

I woke up on the couch at my parent's place to the sound of light chattering. David and Mary Margret were eating breakfast while trying not to wake me.

If Henry and I are going to stay in Storybrooke, I should get my own place. Maybe now since the first curse is long gone I could find an apartment.

I got up from the couch and stretched my arms.

"Good morning Emma." I heard Mary Margret said smiley

"Mmm, morning. That coffee smells good." I got a mug out if the cabinet behind David and he poured me some.

"Here you are Emma." David said.

"Is this coffee new?" I asked drinking it carefully.

"No it's the same we've always had." Mary Margret answered.

"Hmm, well it tastes better then usual." I replied.

Mary Margret and David looked at each other and grinned. I raised my eyebrow in wonderment.

"So Emma, hows Hook?" David asked.

Ahhh now I see. The truth was as much I wish I could just jump right into a relationship with Killian, I knew that I needed to take it slow. I needed to feel out the relationship first and test the waters to see how Killian and I would work, other then just fighting bad guys together. Damn it he knows I'm in love with him now. He's gonna want to jump right into everything...

"He's fine I guess." I kept my answer short considering I really didn't know how Killian was. I hadn't seen him since last night.

"That's good to hear. Do you think now that you're up, you could go down to Granny's and pick up some bagels?" Mary Margret asked.

"Uhh yeah sure thing, I'll just get changed." I answered.

"Thank you." Mary Margret called after me as I walked into the bathroom to get changed.

That's odd, only one question about Hook? I expected a butt load after last nights events.

After I finished cleaning myself up a bit I headed out the door to Granny's. My yellow bug took a minute to start up since the cold weather was causing the engine to frost over. I guess this is a sign winter is coming quickly this year. The drive isn't far to Granny's so I didn't mind not letting my car warm up. I decided I'd get breakfast while I was there since I hadn't eaten yet. Before I even stepped foot in Granny's I could see a figure wearing all black with jet black hair sitting inside. That's when I realized why the Charmings asked me to come here. They know Hook is staying at Granny's and he always eats breakfast here. How could I be so clueless. I knew I couldn't avoid him, so I took a deep breath of cold air and walked in.

Bells jingled when I opened the door. Great, I really wanted attention on me. No one seemed to really notice, not even Hook. He was busy reading some book. When I thought I'd be able to get in and get out without a sight, Ruby walked over.

"Emma! What can I do for you?" she asked. Killian has seen me now I just know it. But I didn't look over, not yet.

"Morning Ruby, I came to pick up a pound of bagels. Half raisin, half plain please." I responded.

Just then I could feel a figure walking up to me.

"Also las, we'd like to sit and order breakfast." Hook's voice was right behind me. I turned and my face was right in his chest. Before I could start to say one word he pulled me into a deep kiss. When he let go my eyes were still closed still in the moment of the kiss. My eyes fluttered open looking up to see Killian's smile. Well good morning to you too I thought.

"Shall we love?" he gestured towards the table. Ruby grinned and led us to a clean table. She sat down two menus and said she'd be back to take our orders.

I cleared my throat and looked up at Killian.

"I think we should talk." I said bluntly.

"Hearing that from a women can never be good." he answered with a pirate chuckle. I laughed along too.

"Killian what exactly is it you want?" I asked him.

"Well I want you, I thought I've made that obvious."

"I know that, I meant do you want us to be a relationship? I realize you don't know a lot about this land, but here people go on dates before they decide to be in a committed boyfriend girlfriend type of relationship. It seems to me that in the Enchanted Forest people would meet and instantly fall in love. However that's not really how it works here." words tumbled out of me.

"Well love, I know that. If love was as easy here as it was in the Enchanted Forest, well I wouldn't have had such a tough time with you." We both chuckled again.

"How about we make this our first date. We're already here ordering a meal. what do ya say?" He asked me.

I smiled and nodded.

"You read my mind." I said.

"Some what of an open book." he replied.

CAN WE TAKE A MOMENT!! How about that ADORABLE kiss on season 4 episode 1?!? I lost it.

~This chapter wasn't as long as I'd hoped but like I've said before I have a lot of school work. From now on I'll probably just keep the chapters medium length so I can update more often.~