Prologue

This has been edited but there may still be mistakes.

The grey wolf sat atop the hill with a perfect view of the land before him. A vast area covered with rotting buildings, debris and the new growth of trees. The area provided a perfect hiding ground for the ever fearful humans. With so many buildings to hide in and an underground sewer system, the stench of the town was a somewhat perfect place to hide the humans scent. However, with the light of the moon beckoning down on him he felt the beast inside awakening and his senses sharpening to its full power.

With one last look at the land, he raised his regal head to the moon. With his muzzle in the air, he let out a mighty howl. One by one his companions howled up at the sky in response to his outcry, signalling the beginning of the hunt. They were going to find this hidden human village even if it was the last thing they did. No human would be left to roam his lands unaccounted for. They would capture them all and when they did, only the gods would save them from his wrath.

At the thought of the evasive humans the grey wolf emitted a snarl that reverberated through his chest. His patience had run out, and the beast was now running rampant through his mind. He was determined to end the hunt. The thirst for the prowl left his skin tingling with need. It was time to bring them home.

With one last look up at the moon the grey wolf howled and then set off at a deadly pace through the forest. He could hear the heavy footfalls of his fellow wolf companions and knew that this would be the time, the time in which they won the hunt.

There could be no other outcome.

AN// THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE STORY. IT INCLUDES TRIGGERING THEMES WITH OUTCOMES THAT MOST WILL NOT ENJOY!

X© Layla.A.D ™ 2015-2016

All moral rights have been asserted by the author. All rights reserved. The copyright holder retains all the rights provided by copyright law, such as distribution, performance, and creation of the work. This work has not been authorised to be retransmitted in whole or in part, without the written consent of the copy right owner. Any infringement of this is a violation of the copy right law.