Chapter 1:

I hope you'll enjoy this book ChenChenniee and ya girl had to rewrite this, so hhhhnnng

Jungkook couldn't help but scowl as another couple waltzed into the bowling and go-kart venue. Giggling like a love-sick couple. He kinda regretted accepting this job, since this place is prone to be a first date kind of place, but the pay so was too good to decline. And as a broke dance major, Jungkook needed every penny he could get his hands on.

Call him a jealous bitch, because that's exactly what he was. He had no shame admitting to that.

From the time you had turned 16 and until you turn 23, you'll at least have gotten one message from your soulmate. It happens out of the blue, there is no actual age where it happens, it is just known to happen in between those years. Usually, if there's no message after 23, it means they're either dead or did not exist at all. Quite rare to happen, but it does.

Jungkook had a friend, he lost contact with him after the incident. When Taehyung had just filled 20 one message popped up. But this message would haunt both of them. A simple Goodbye in black ink showed up on the older's wrist. It was not even Jungkook it had happened with, but still, he could feel the pain Taehyung felt.

From the first minute, Jungkook had turned 16 he wrote messages. He prayed every day he would get a response. He would tell the other person weird facts about himself, what he did that day, what he ate, and stuff like that. But not once had he received an answer.

Jungkook knew this would happen randomly. So he sent small notes 2-7 times a month. Until he turned 19, he gave up. By now he would've have gotten a response. He wanted to let the other person now send him something. So he's still waiting, at the age of 21. 2 more years-

"Uhm, e-excuse me?"

The small voice of someone snapped Jungkook out of his sad train of thoughts. He plastered on a fake smile and looked at the boy "Hi, how can I help?" The boy looked to be between the age 16-18, small and petite. He seemed nervous as he talked to Jungkook.

"Do you- ah uh can I borrow a pen?" He stuttered, Jungkook knew why he needed that pen. He looked down on the exposed wrist of the young boy, and as he had guessed there was something written there. It looked to be a shopping list.

Jungkook did not, for the first time, have the heart to say no, as he would usually do. Like a robot, he grabbed a pen from beside the work computer and handed it over to the boy. The young boy smiled brightly and quickly thanked him before he rushed to a nearby table filled with other boys who seemed to tease him.

Jungkook sighed and hung his head low, he wished that could be him. He grabbed his phone, no new messages from anyone. For some seconds he contemplated if he should bother Jimin or Namjoon. But came to the decision that both of them would be too busy with their relationships to listen to Jungkook complain about his lack of soulmate. Namjoon had found his soulmate, a guy named Seokjin. Neither Namjoon nor Jungkook had met Seokjin, as the older lived in Australia since he was studying there.

Jimin, like Taehyung, had no soulmate. For the smaller male, it had come as no surprise as nearly the whole Park family missed their soulmate piece. So when he had gone to the doctors- a special soulmate doctor you go to if your family is known for missing the piece- and received a negative, Jimin had shrugged and said: "Oh well, that's a disappointment."

Jungkook sighed for a second time and shut his phone off, he had to return to work before their boss came to do her annual employee check-up. Also because his co-worker, Mingyu, wouldn't stop bothering him.

******

Jungkook shut the front door using his foot, as his hands were occupied with carrying four grocery bags with two months worth of ramen and some other food Jimin would definitely complain about being unhealthy.

The dance major toed off his shoes, he nearly slipped while doing so, and put on the slippers that stood beside doorframe. Jungkook lived alone in the middle of Seoul. He used to be roommates with Jimin but said male had ditched him to live with his boyfriend of 4 years. Jungkook had still not met the damn dude.

With a grunt, Jungkook put the plastic bags down on the floor and went straight to business of unpacking everything and putting them to their right places. Cereal in the cupboards above the sink, the stuff that needed to be cold in the fridge, and frozen stuff in the freezer.

Often Jungkook would imagine what it would be like if he had someone. He'll gladly admit that he, in fact, is lonely in the two people apartment. His family doesn't visit since they all live in Busan. But that's life.

"If I see three more couples tomorrow I'll gag," Jungkoook muttered to himself, the kettle was on as some background noise as he dramatically stared out the window, as he held a pack of some spicy ramen. As Namjoon would say to him "Shut up you dramatic coconut with feelings!" Whatever that meant.

The kettle with the boiling water beeped and Jungkook skilfully grabbed it and poured the water in a pot. Followed by the cheap pack ramen. This is Jungkook's daily routine, plus classes one or thrice a day.