eight

CHAPTER EIGHT- THE WRATH OF MRS WEASLEY

ELODIE ROCKED on the balls of her feet nervously as she scanned everyones faces

ELODIE ROCKED on the balls of her feet nervously as she scanned everyones faces. All of them displayed similar portrayals of shock and worry. Elodie bit her lip nervously as the pep talk she had given herself minutes ago evaporated when faced with the famous Molly Weasley temper.

"What were you thinking?! Where have you been!?" Molly cried, her face bight red. It looked as though she had been sitting with her hands clutching at her face for a very long time.

"Erm-" Elodie pondered her answer carefully, wondering how she could phrase it so it sounded as much like the truth as possible.

"I was out buying a new notebook."

Elodie mentally slapped herself at the pathetic excuse she came out with but surprisingly everyone seemed to believe her. Perhaps it was just one of the many things that came with growing up in a house of death eaters, but she had become so good at lying it was almost her second nature.

Just to prove a point Elodie grabbed her notebook from earlier and waved it around, giving an eyeroll instinctively as she did so. Molly seemed to flush with embarrassment that she was being moderately too overprotective over a girl that wasn't even her own child, especially when Elodie had a valid excuse.

"I find that hard to believe," Sirius raised a eyebrow and shared a quick nod with Remus. No one could lie to the Marauders and get away with it.

"I'm fifteen Pads, I should be able to go stationary shopping if I feel like it without everyone losing their heads," replied Elodie sharply, giving him the infuriating family smirk. She knew full well he wouldn't call her out in front of everyone. Sirius just gave her a quick wink and it was enough to confirm his silent agreement to temporary secrecy.

"And don't roll your eyes at me young lady," Mrs Weasley scolded, but much more gently now her tone more calm and a small smile filling out her scarlet cheeks. Elodie just rolled her eyes again, still smirking.

"Now take that cloak off honey and get comfy, we need to get ready for Harry's return according to Molly. If he's expelled, everyone act heartbroken and if he's staying, we've got to jump up and celebrate at once," grinned Tonks, clapping a friendly hand on Elodie's shoulder.

Elodie tensed at once under Tonks' touch, her arms immediately wrapping around her body as if to shield herself. Tonks frowned and glancing around to check they were out of earshot of the others pulled Elodie aside. Tonks had watched her own mother be shunned by her family and Tonks often wondered what things would have been like if Andromeda stayed with her sisters like she was supposed to. Now Tonks was looking at the result of it and she was grateful to no end that her mother had left home.

"I know we aren't exactly close kiddo, but I was wondering if their was anything going on you wanted to talk about? Technically I am your cousin and I would love if you let me in a little, I want to be here for you Elodie," Tonks told her gently. Elodie scuffed her boots together on the old wooden floors and refused to meet Tonks' eyes. Elodie didn't like strangers trying to help her, it made her feel weak and infuriated. Elodie gritted her teeth to stop a cruel insult slipping out.