Chapter 2

Soundwave was used to the stares.

        He was long indifferent to the gazes that vehicons often give him whenever he passes the corridor; often stopping their duty just to stare. The mech didn't exactly know the reason why. Perhaps it was the intimidation; they wish to create distance between him and themselves-- to "watch where they're going". Or perhaps, as narcissistic as it sounds, they gape out of admiration. After all, how often does the feared Megatron give free passes and compliments to a Decepticon? Soundwave certainly had a big fraction of those; a benefit of being a loyal follower. A good friend.

        But now, the silent mech certainly acknowledged why he was being stared at, and he would be lying if he were to say it was illogical.

        On one of his servos was a human, caged within his thin digits. Having a human on-board was considered as a phenomenon already, but the Third-in-Command holding it was another anomaly, itself. The weirdest part? The human was just cursing with their own language slang-- shouting, screaming-- not out of fear but out of agitation, and Soundwave just lets it happen. The visor-wearing mech isn't one for mercy. But then again, the lower Decepticons never saw how the Communication Officer interact with a human before, much less hold one.

        And then, they noticed the officer's exposed chassis-- a place where his drone often rest on when not in use. Just like that, they directed their gazes on his other servo; the one tucked near his chassis, similar to a scene of a sire holding his deceased sparkling's protoform close-- a sight they once often see back in the war of Cybertron.

        On Soundwave's other servo was the destroyed form of Laserbeak.

        Just what in the All Spark happened out there?

        Each vehicon, as expected by Soundwave, gawked at the scene before them; their minds already thinking of conclusions before the Surveillance Lieutenant could even make his next move. But their train of thoughts were interrupted by the groaning noises the femme was making-- finally tired from cursing the TIC to oblivion. Lord Megatron wouldn't appreciate a foul-mouthed organic, they all thought. In fact, they don't think that the warmonger would appreciate an organic being in his ship at all!

        Now, this begs the question within each low caste Decepticons' processors: why did Soundwave bring you here?

        All the Decepticons currently within the corridor immediately retreated their optics from staring as soon as the Third-In-Command stopped and gazed at one of them back.

        They all internally shuddered in unison, as the higher ranked officer continued down his path.

~*~*~

        You finally stopped shouting; your throat starting to irritate from the constant usage of your voice in maximum volume. Besides, you're not making a difference anyway with how non-reactive your captor is-- not a single expression, nor a response. You'll just have to wait and see what's gonna happen next. And who knows? Maybe these weird sentient robots have the right tools to kill you. So, the best thing you could do in your situation was to behave, and heave out an annoyed sigh. The least they could do after all their troubles was end your misery.

        So far as you can tell, your captor was one of the big leagues on this ship, based on the effects it had on the crew. Now that you thought about it, who was the blue robot? You just kept naming them all "robots" in your head, and it's starting to get tiresome.

        Looking at where you're headed, a colossal door awaited you. You guessed that the protocol your captor is proceeding with is the typical "take you to our leader", just by judging the grandness of the entrance. You're curious what the other side looks like, but for sure, their leader must be there-- that is, if your custodian isn't the leader already.