Vilkas x Reader ~floof~

A sneeze echoed through the resting chambers ofJorrvaskr. I laid restless in my bed, covers only covering my feet. I felt warm and yet cold. Everything hurt. If only Aela would've listened to me....but nope! She sent me to Winterhold to kill some disease-filled spiders, anyway!

"Y/n? How are you?" I heard Vilkas enter my room. 

"-cough- I've been better, let me tell you that. And you can tell Aela I will no longer be going to her for work." My voice sounded like it got ran over by twenty semis. Vilkas sighed and sat next to me. He handed me a box of tissues and cough drops.

"These should help." He said. I smiled at him.

"Thank you."

~

A week later, I could actually move! Vilkas came into my room and smiled at me.

"Feeling any better?" Vilkas asked. I nodded and grinned.

"Thank you so much. I..honestly didn't know you were so good at taking care of people." I said with a small laugh. Vilkas chuckled and held my hand.

"Of course I am good at taking care of people. Well, at least better than my brother." I laughed and leaned on his shoulder.

"So did you tell Aela?" I asked, gazing up at him. He tilted his head.

"You were serious?" He asked. I frowned.

"Of course! What, did you think I wasn't serious because I was sick?" I snapped. Vilkas backed away uncomfortably.

"U-Um well...yes...." He quietly said. I glared and propped myself against my bed frame.

"Wow." I said. I crossed my arms. Vilkas crawled towards me and sat in front of me. He tilted his head.

"I am sorry?" He said. I sighed and tilted my head back, resting it on the frame. He frowned.

"I can tell her right now..." He said. I frowned.

"No, no...really it's fine....It's...she won't accept it now that I'm not sick....." I said quietly. Vilkas sat beside me and pulled me into his arms. I felt myself go numb.. I . I felt something warm escape my eyes.

Am I crying...in front of Vilkas?

"V-Vilkas...." I started.

"Shhh....It's okay...." He stroked my hair, sending chills down my spine. I cried and rested my head on his shoulder.

"What's upsetting you? He whispered. 

"I-I don't want to go to Aela anymore....b-b...but I know she'll get curious on why I'm avoiding her for wor-work....." I hiccuped. "...And I know how that's g-going to turn out." I felt Vilkas' grasp on me tighten ever so slightly.

"I will tell her. I can deal with her." He said.

"But you're not an ice-brain...." I muttered. I rested my head on his chest.

"You're right." He said. He pulled me closer and I felt him place a kiss on top of my head. I wasn't going to accept just a little kiss. I pulled him towards me and kissed him on the lips. His eyes widened and he kissed back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. We parted for air and I laid on top of him, head on his chest.

"I love you, ice-brain." I muttered. I felt Vilkas' heart rate increase.

"I love you too, disease-filled mortal." I grinned and felt the last tear fall from my eye and land on his shirt. He stroked my hair and I nuzzled his neck. He smiled.

"We should get some sleep." He whispered in my ear. I nodded and closed my eyes. I felt a warm blanket cover us up.

"Good night, love."

"Good night, ice-brain." He playfully smacked my shoulder. I am so glad that he's there for me...<3

576 words~

Sorry this was short! I didn't have anymore ideas. This for some reason took me most of the day to write.

R E Q U E S T S  O P E N  A L W A Y S ! ! !