e x t e n d e d

KWON MINSIK, better known by his stage name Sik-K, is a South Korean rapper and producer who has recently made it to the top of the industry as one of the youngest artists in the country

KWON MINSIK, better known by his stage name Sik-K, is a South Korean rapper and producer who has recently made it to the top of the industry as one of the youngest artists in the country. He is best known for his EP FL1P (2016), which peaked at 28 on the Gaon Music Chart, as well as songs "Ring Ring" and "Rendezvous". He achieved international stardom by signing with H1GHR MUSIC, a sub-label of South Korean rapper and media mogul Jay Park's company AOMG Music, after appearing on the 4th season of Show Me The Money.

JANG DAHYE, better known by her stage name Heize, is a South Korean singer, rapper, songwriter and composer who recently signed as the second youngest female artist to AOMG Music. Her second EP And July (2016) peaked at 34 at the Gaon Music Chart while "Shut Up & Groove" topped the Billboard US World chart. She has recently acclaimed the title as one of South Korea's youngest and hottest rappers.

___________

Jang Dahye had to crawl up the ladder of the Korean hip-hop scene with her bare hands. Born in one of the poorest neighborhoods of Daegu and coming from a family that failed to give her unconditional support and love, she had to make an image of herself by herself. And she did; within 2 years of her debut, her songs and albums were topping the charts. She was selling out Seoul Olympic Hall seven nights in a row. Being a solo female act who didn't have a distinguished agency behind her had captured the attentions of a few around her.

However, just like all those whom tasted the bittersweet pill that was fame, so did she.

A dating scandal between her and fellow rapper Park Seyoon, better known as Crucial Star, sparked a flame in the entertainment industry that couldn't be put out. Article after article, she was bashed down for breaking Seyoon's heart. Netizens who had been out there to break her since day one accused her of cheating, of using Seyoon to gain attention and popularity. Within a few days, her image was ruined, her reputation stomped underfoot of everyone who despised her and wanted to see her fail in such a competitive, unforgiving environment.

Kwon Minsik didn't have many options about his future offered to him. For as long as he could remember, he wanted to do music, to produce, and perform on the stage. He wanted to see crowds singing to his songs and chanting his name, moving their heads to the motions of his hand. So, he moved back to Seoul after high school and started to work in a small studio. Within a few months he was part of two hip-hop crews, whom of which would become his future best friends and colleagues.

At the peak of his fame, he was captured in a whirlwind of rumors and tabloid articles, surrounded around a dating scandal that he had been prone to since his debut. Kim Heejung, who had once been a mutual friend and later girlfriend, had been caught cheating on him, which had also meant that he was caught dating her. Within the few hours after pictures of her locking lips with another guy had been published, his world crumbled down. Netizens who hated him for his confident and carefree persona attacked Minsik with malicious comments and threats. Antis accused him of hurting Heejung. Fans of hers pointed fingers in his direction, bombarding him with hurtful comments about being a player and a two-faced bastard.

___________

While Dahye shut her heart away from the world in fear of it becoming hurt beyond repair, Minsik kept his' doors open for the possibility of finding someone who would take care of it rather than crush it between their palms. When fate, and a little bit of courage brings these two individuals together, they find it within each other to fix the cracks that had been created by others previously. However, just as they have found a way to move on, slowly and painfully-yet surely-their past has also found a way to come back, this time bound to cause inevitable pain and unfixable heart break.