f i v e ; hong kong

DAHYE WOKE UP from her sleep when she felt something nudge her shoulder softly. At first, she didn't pay attention to it and twisted away, pushing her cheek deeper into the pillow provided by the airplane. It was oddly comfortable, and she felt herself melt further into the arms of sleep.

        However, the nudging came back again, this time a little more persistent. Groaning in annoyance, she finally lifted up her head and turned to her side. Peeking through sleep-clouded eyes, she tried to make out the silhouette of someone next to her. She rubbed her eyes and pressed her palms against her face, trying to wake herself up. When her vision was less blurry, she saw Jay was sitting next to her, his hand on her shoulder. He was looking down at her and was the perpetrator without a doubt.

        Scowling, Dahye pushed her hair back behind her ears. "I was sleeping Jay," she mumbled out, her voice soft and ridden with sleep. Jay felt his heart melt inside his chest when he heard her speak and patted down her hair softly. He was acting like this not out of romantic love, but from a place of brotherly love that he had developed for Dahye over the years he had known her for. They were similar to each other in a lot of ways, the only exception being Dahye hating parties and having a calmer and less wild personality.

        "We have a few minutes until we land. I wanted to wake you up in case you needed to freshen up before we get to the hotel." He spoke in a low voice. Dahye twisted in her seat and looked about. Most of the plane was still sleeping, evident from the midnight flight they had taken. She realized that besides her and Jay, the rest of the group were awake, including; Kisok, Hyukwoo, Seonghwa, Hoody, and Mintaek. They were busy with putting away the things they had taken out during the flight into their bags, looking just as tired as she was feeling. Seonghwa, from the bitter expression donning his face, was without a doubt cursing out Jay for picking a flight at such an ungodly hour, and she knew that Kisok wasn't any different as his hands aggressively shoved his belongings away. She couldn't blame them—Jay had decided to take a midnight flight so that they would get to the hotel earlier and be able to sleep during the day and be well rested for the award show at night. He also hated having to deal with the overwhelming crowds of the airport and the city traffic in the morning. But that meant that she would have to run on coffee and energy bars throughout the day, and painkillers for her headache because her sleeping schedule had been thrown off the rails thanks to just one flight.

        "Yeah, I have to use the bathroom anyways. Thanks for waking me up." She leaned forward to grab her bag. She placed it on her lap and dug through to find her toiletry bag and clasped her hand around it when she felt the smooth plastic touch her palm. "I'll be back in a few minutes." She informed Jay and got up from her seat after placing her bag on the soft cushion. Jay nodded his head and started to gather his own things. As she walked towards the bathroom, Hoody and Seonghwa smiled at her, while Hyukwoo kept his head down and scrolled through his phone. Dahye frowned, motioning with her eyes down at Hyukwoo. Hoody shrugged her thin shoulders while Seonghwa gestured at his phone, meaning he would text her after they had landed. Dahye nodded her head and walked away from their seats.

        She opened the door to the bathroom and locked it behind her. She had always hated airplane bathrooms because they were so cramped and small. Although the first class bathrooms were a little bit more spacious than the others, it was still too small to awaken her claustrophobia. Shaking her head, Dahye placed her toiletry bag on the sink. She pulled her hair out the braid it had been haphazardly twisted into before they boarded the plane the night before and combed through the tangles with her fingers. Afterward, she brushed her teeth and also washed her face, thanking herself for using two of her best face masks during the night. She wanted her skin to look at least somewhat decent since they were supposed to be in front of cameras for almost four hours at the show, and an additional two hours prior at the red carpet. Although she didn't care much about award shows, she still wanted to look her best because, after all, she was representing AOMG Music.