chapter 9-poor thing!

CHAPTER 9- POOR THING!

   I woke up and put on my absolute favorite pair of clothes on and my second pair of shoes which were my favorite, mostly because they were actually woman's shoes AND because they were the shoes I wore when my life changed for the better, on choosing day. I wore a green V neck shirt with black leggings and went to go make coffee while I waited for Adela. I looked out the window while I went to sit at the table with my coffee and saw someone running to my cabin. I giggled and took a sip while I as she slowed down, a few seconds later I heard a light knock and giggled again. "Come in." I said in a sing-song voice, but not in my Jerry voice.

   I watched an unsure figure open the door hesitantly and peek their head in. I grinned at her and she stared at me shocked. "So... I guess Jerry got tired of that other girl, huh?" My jaw dropped and I stared at her with knife eyes. "Guessing you didn't know..." She said in a whisper, I let my hands go through my hair and realized it was already to my ears and I looked a lot more like a girl. Then I looked down at what I was wearing and realized it showed a little bit of my chest and it was pretty tight. "Oh..." I whispered.

   I watched her eyes go wide, "Er... may I ask who you are?" She asked closing the door and putting her hands behind her back. I took a quick intake of air and let my cheeks poof out, "Um... You just made this a lot harder." I started looking around the room as if something or if I was lucky someone would help me. "Where's Jerry?" She whispered slouching, I stared wide eyed at her and sighed. I put my hand out and attempted a smile but failed horribly. "The name's echo!" She stopped slouching and stood straight narrowing her eyes, "No... I mean Jerry the ranger." She searched my eyes for any signs of guilt or anger, but only saw I was nervous. "Why are you nervous?" she whispered.

   I looked into her eyes and pushed out my bottom lip and did puppy dog eyes. "My name isn't Jerry," I took a breath in and quickly said, "Jerry is fake I'm actually him or should I say her I don't know!" She stared at me tilting her head and her eyes widened, she pointed to something on my neck and I reached for it and looked at it. It was my silver oak leaf. I smiled at it remembering the big surprise I got from my friends, then looked back at her.

   "Listen, you can't tell anyone about what I just told you." I started standing up and looking her in the eyes, she moved back a few paces until her back was firm against the door. "Yes... Miss." She looked around the room and I sighed. "How do they handle this." I whispered to myself, staring at the ceiling. Adela was looking at me expectantly and I sighed, "Nothing." I muttered to her.

   I told her all the chores she was supposed to do, and then she gave me puppy dog eyes. "Don't!" I said in a low voice, but it didn't stop her. I moaned and helped her do half of her chores. I helped her do them for at least a week until eventually she got the hang of it and she could do them right. And coincidentally I stopped helping her right when it was time for her to get her darling little ranger horse. I was exited to give them him or her to her... like... well I might be more excited than her!

   I had given sky to bob a while before I had gotten Adela as an apprentice. He taught her a few new tricks, and I heard every ranger gave their horse back to bob before they got their apprentice to learn a little bit more.

   I was excited so I jogged along side Adela who seemed equally as excited. Eventually I did a front flip! Once we got there I nudged her and whispered to her, "Please, if you have any bad comments..." I took a breath and went through all the possible things she could say, "don't say them. He's really nice, just give him a chance." I was about to knock when the door opened and the harsh smell hit me, I was forced to breath through my mouth. "Hullo bob." I nudged Adela who winced, and caused me to giggle. "This is Adela." I watched her attempt a smile, but she failed.