chapter 12- what the what??? O-O

CHAPTER 12 WHAT THE WHAT???

   I really needed my weapons with me, maybe I should go back for them? No. I can't risk getting caught. But being caught was the least of my problems right now, it was what that sound was. I crawled forward slowly, not making a sound. I tried escaping plenty of times but I never had this type of advantage.

   I was about to gasp, right after a hand shot out of the bushes and gripped firmly around my mouth. I stared, wide eyed, at the bushes in front of me. Then someone slowly emerged. I tilted my head, staring curiously while they came, still holding my mouth.

   Once they made their way, trying not to move the leave and twigs, and making no noise at all, I noticed them immediately. I stared wide eyed, my savior... was my apprentice. Wow......

   She put one finger to her mouth and I nodded. I pointed at her bow then at a small cave, where I believe they stored my weapons. She nodded understanding, we swiftly but stealthily made our way to the cave. The wargals had finally found out I had escaped, and were running around screeching. I wanted to laugh so badly, but I knew if I did we would both be captured. I couldn't do that to Adela.

   I made my way in, not being spotted. There were no guards so once I made my way in I sprinted forward and searched for my bow and arrows, and my knifes. I eventually found my bow and arrows, stored in a bag in the corner. I slung my quiver over my shoulder, and looked around for my knifes, along with my belt. I found them in a bag near the wall and quickly put it all on.

   I looked around, to be sure no wargals were there, which they weren't, and sprinted to where Adela was waiting for me. I heard one of the wargals coming, and froze in place, they heard me.

   I notched an arrow to my bow, and waited for them to turn the corner. They turned the corner, and it was a single man. Seth, oh. My. GOD!!!!!! I wanted to scream, but was frozen with my jaw wide open, staring at him. I closed my eyes and whimpered, he was my only weakness. He scared me.

   I raised my bow in a split second and shot him, right in the heart, and sprinted into the tree line. I cant believe I just did that, I cleared my thoughts and realized that the wargals are no longer being controlled. I smiled and got up, walking towards the limp body of Seth, Adela walking behind me.

   "You did it." Adela said, I turned to her, my head tilted. "We did it." She grinned at me and we walked towards where Adela said she had left Cocoa and Sky. I shook my head, staring at her in amazement. "Crowley taught you well." Then I sighed, I guess she might be Crowley's apprentice now.

   She shook her head, I looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "He taught me only what first years are supposed to know, then I have been working for a whole year trying to find you." It warmed my heart to hear her say that. I had always wanted a family, because of Halt and Kiera I might never know. But I will always have her. My apprentice.

   We rode away, Adela briefing me on what I missed out. Then I thought about my family, who they could be. Then Adela's next word's snapped me to listen, "You dad told me who he was, he said he was gonna tell you who he was if I found you." I rubbed the back of my neck and thought of all the possibilities of who he could be.

   I sat in the top of a tree, back in my ranger look. I rather liked this alot more than actually looking the part of 'being female'. I sighed and played with my hair. It grew a bit longer, which I was grateful for, I really wanted my hair back. I put it in a braid. It never grew back the same, so I couldn't leave it out. It was frizzy and curly. Hard to maintain this weird hair.

   I looked up at the stars, and the moon. I always loved the night, quiet and peaceful. The sky pretty and enchanting. I sighed again and hung upside down, my braid hanging out of my hood. I was deep in the forest of Brunland fief, my home.

   "Boo." A voice said behind me, I fell out of the tree, falling face first in the ground. I groaned and sat up, staring at the person in front of me while I crossed my legs. He was a ranger, but he had his hood on. I didn't remember his voice, but I knew it was familiar. "Yeah...?" I asked, thinking about what Adela told me yesterday, "I'm your father." It brought a quick flashback of when he first told me, but was disappeared once he took of his hood.

   "Halt?" I screamed, getting up and staring wide eyed at him. I smiled and shook his head, "Not who you were expecting?" I shook my head and sighed, "No... it's just I always thought you hated me until that little wargal incident." He nodded and gave me one of his rare smiles, "I see you got your hair back." I nodded and returned the smile, "Guessing my mom's Pauline, right?" He nodded and sighed. I felt my heart drop to my feet as he said, "I have to hurry back to Redmont, I was only given limited time here." I nodded understanding and he sighed again, "I hope to see you soon?" I nodded and smiled, as I waved him goodbye.

   I can't believe this... my mom and dad... Pauline and Halt. I shook my head and played with my braid, I don't think I'll have a lot of sleep tonight. I shook my head and walked towards my cabin. I guess I can talk to Adela about this.