First Meeting

Y/n = Your name

-------------------------------------------

"Commander Anna!"

A young man with dark blue hair walks toward us. His armor matches Anna's in design and he wields with him a matching sword. His face is painted with relief.

"You're all right!" He exclaims. His eyes fall upon me and his face changes to a look of caution. "Wait, who is this with you?" I return his intent gaze nervously. His eyes are the same dark hue as his hair. After a pause, he softens his stare and mutters "Could it be....".

"She is, Prince Alfonse!" Anna declares proudly. He's a prince?! I think to myself as Anna continues. "The legend is true! I raised Breidablik and then Y/n appeared! Our Great Hero is here and can use the Divine Weapon too! as for what Breidablik shoots? It's truly wonderful, it fires Heroes right out of it!"

The prince smiles. "Unbelievable! So you're our great hero come to us from another world, Y/n. I am Alfonse, Prince of Askr and member of the Order of Heroes. A pleasure to meet you." He bows to me, making me feel slightly uncomfortable considering our social classes.

"Y-you don't have to bow, the honor is mine, your highness." I bow back to him trying to be respectful. He outstretches his hand toward me.

"You don't have to worry about the formalities, I'm truly glad to meet you." I shake his hand. His face then turns serious. "I'm sorry to ask this of you so soon after we've met but I have need of your help. Our order is devoted to fighting the Emblian Empire which invades worlds where heroes are from. One of these is the World of Mystery. I have dire news that the Empire has newly taken over that world. We need to make our way to the World of Mystery to free it. And Commander Anna, there's one more thing, I spotted someone odd with the soldiers near here. a strange man, not an imperial Soldier nor a hero from the World of Mystery now under their control."

"A strange man you say? Did he seem allied with the Emblian Empire?"

"I don't know I've never seen him before. He wears a mask and keeps his face a secret even from them." The sound of footsteps rushing towards us interrupts. Alfonse spots the source of the noise. "But now we must rush into battle, soldiers approach!"

---------------------------------------(some time a little later)---------------------------------------------------------

"That foolish princess is retreating with her heroes," Anna declares.

Alfonse sheathes his sword and straightens his stance."The battle is won but this didn't resolve a thing. The empire will invade again soon enough."

"Stubborn girl, why can't we just talk through this?" Sharena huffs. "These invasions are crazy! Honestly, that Veronica needs to grow up already." Her tone rises. "Where's her sense of diplomacy? Such a BRAT!"

"Sharena," Anna orders, "don't let your emotions get the best of you- not on duty. I expect you to keep a level head if you're going to serve in this order. Hostility is their way, not ours."

Sharena calms down. "Sure sure... I mean, of course, Commander Anna."

Alfonse steps next to me. "Are you alright after all that?"

"Yeah, I'm good, no injuries," I respond. The others have been keen on keeping me safe, stopping any soldiers that might target me while I guide the army. Alfonse especially.

"I'm sorry that you've been thrown into this brutal war with us Y/n, but I'm glad you're here with us."

His words make me feel better. This whole time I've been doubting myself, wondering how someone like myself could ever fill such an important position. These last few battles have helped my confidence in myself and somehow I have hope that I'll do okay.

"I'm glad I'm here too, I'll do whatever I can to save this kingdom."