A Trip to the Library

Y/n = Your name

--------------------------------------------------------

"Wow" I softly whisper at the sight of the grand library. All the books, I had never seen so many in one place. The bookshelves tower over me, some must be at least two stories high! Sliding ladders attached to the shelves provide access to the highest locations. The wood is a rich, dark, mahogany sealed with polish. Soft couches with cushions donning the signature, dark, Askran blue await eager readers in need of a spot to rest. A large rug sits on the floor with intricate gold and blue thread weaving through it. And on the ceiling, a chandelier. A golden, glowing chandelier illuminates the room. I smile in awe. If any library deserves such ornamentation, this one does.

"This place is amazing..." I utter in awe.

"It is, isn't it?" Alfonse sighs contently at the grand room. "This is where I escape to when the toil of royal life becomes tiring. I feel at home here." He runs his fingertips across the many books on the wall. Observing his relaxed expression I can tell this is a special place for him. Alfonse breaks his trance and looks back at me. "I hope you'll feel at home here also, explore are much as you like."

I start to wander around, not knowing where to even begin. I let out small, happy bits of laughter and walk slightly faster. Alfonse follows close behind me, smiling at my uncomposed joy. I stop my pace at the sight of another hero facing a shelf. "Oh, hello Robin!" I greet.

My fellow tactician lifts his gaze from the book in his hand and waves. "Good morning Y/n and Prince Alfonse." He nods his head politely at the prince. "I see you've come to enjoy this world's stories as well?"

"Yep, Alfonse is showing me around."

"I personally find this world's history rather fascinating. I won't keep you though, I'll just be about." He closes the novel in his hand and sets it on top of a nearby stack. I chuckle slightly as he carries the entire thing away with him.

"History, huh... where does this place keep it's mythology and legends?" I ask my blue haired friend.

"I'll show you, right this way."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a relaxing day. Sunlight warmed the room as we read together. It was simple, just sitting next to each other silently, but it was nice. With our time mostly filled with battles and preparation, it was a pleasant change to take a break and just enjoy being together. We aren't even saying anything to each other, yet I feel so close to him. My heart feels warm.

"Hey, Alfonse?" I break the silence.

He lifts his dark blue eyes from the pages and towards mine. "Yes? Did you need something?"

"Um... my neck feels kind of sore from looking down so long... Is it ok... if I... lean against you?"

"Oh... sure... it's alright with me."

"Thanks." I shift closer on the couch until I'm next to him. I slowly start to tilt my upper body towards him, as if trying not to startle a shy animal. I feel the side of my arm gently press against his and carefully rest my head on his shoulder. I can feel he's a little tense, but he doesn't nudge me off. It feels nice being this close to him, the corners of my cheeks feel a little warm. I reopen my book to the page I left off and continue reading. After about a page I can feel him slowly start to untense himself and relax back into his own book. Soon I lose myself back into the story, the history of the dragons and their conflicts. Askr, Embla, Nifl, Muspell...

I lose my focus when I feel a light pressure on the top of my head. I struggle to look up without moving and see Alfonse now soundly resting his head against mine. I hold my book slightly closer to my face as I gleefully smile to myself. I enjoy our closeness a minute longer and continue reading. I feel so relaxed, and happy. I can't think of any way this day could get any better. I sigh contently as my eyes start to feel a little heavy.

Sharena and Anna keep crouched behind the shelf across the room. Sharena can't help but smile widely at the sight of her brother's awkward situation. "I knew they liked each other." She whispers to Anna.

"Where's my picture tome when I need it?" Anna mutters, already scheming in her mind.

"Shhh, let them have their cute moment!" Sharena quietly giggles.