Reconciliation

Y/n = your name

-----------------------------

Sun spills in through the window as morning breaks. I rise from my slumber and stretch with a yawn. Mornings like this are nice, not too drowsy and not too rushed. After dressing I slip on my white-gold robe and step out for the day. In the hall I bump into Alfonse. We share an awkward glance and greet each other good morning. Nothing else is said, we walk our separate ways to the mess hall for breakfast.

I run through what I want to work on today. I want to train some of the mages a bit more, have them learn certain skills from each other. I also want to work on my own training with Virion, it's good to make sure I can use a bow effectively in case the situation ever requires it. I also plan on consulting with Soren about our campaign against the Emblian forces currently residing in the World of Radiance, he knows more about the land and how we can maintain an advantage.

As I sit in the courtyard, jotting notes to myself, a couple heroes pass by.

"Are you holding up alright, Y/n?" Roy inquires. "We're all here for you if something is troubling you."

"Thanks, I'm okay." I assure him. "I appreciate you guys always looking out for me."

"Hey, don't sweat it!" Sully affectionately slugs me in the arm. "Just don't wantcha looking so down, kay?"

I smile as they walk away. The heroes here are such good people. I don't want them worrying about me, I'll be fine.

The clink of a spear getting set on the ground alerts me to someone else's presence. "Heya Y/n!" Sharena brightly greets. She sits next to me and tucks her knees in comfortably. "Morning been alright?"

"Yeah, it's been fine..." I sigh.

"You haven't been as perky recently, what's up?"

I rest my notes and shrug my shoulders. "It's shouldn't be a big deal, I'm just over reacting." Sharena is a close friend. I'm able to talk to her when I don't want to talk to anyone else, and she's good about making me feel better. "The other day your brother and I had tea together and just talked for a bit. He started mentioning how he doesn't like becoming close with others and I asked if he felt the same way about me. I guess he realized we had become good friends and that made him uncomfortable. We haven't really interacted much since then, besides work stuff. I guess it's just bothered me a little, but I understand if things are hard for him."

"Hmm." Sharena narrows her eyes slightly. "That would explain why he hasn't hung out as much with people besides me and Commander Anna." Sharena stands up and gently shakes my shoulder. "Don't fret! My brother is just being kinda stupid, he's like that sometimes. I'm sure he'll come around."

"Heh," I chuckle. "I hope you're right."

------------------------------------------------------------

My footsteps are all I hear as I tread down the hall to my room, it's been a long day and I'm looking forward to being able to rest. I pass Sharena's room on my way and slow down when I hear what sounds like an argument.

"...this needs to stop....."

".......you don't know what it's like......"

"........I was there when we lost Zacharias too, ya know!....."

I've stopped my pace completely and listen to the voices, my curiosity getting the better of me. I quietly step towards the door and hold my breath.

"I'm not naive! I missed Zacharias terribly!" Sharena shouts. "I know what it's like to be hurt! It's not fair for you to act like you're the only one who feels this."