I don't want to lose you

****SPOILERS FOR BOOK  3 CHAPTER 3****

Read after you have cleared book 3 chapter 3.

(Or just get spoiled if you really want, I can't stop you).

Y/n =Your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Hel placed her curse on Alfonse, the entire Order of Heroes worked tirelessly to find a way to save him. They battled against armies, searching for Hel. Many revisited their homeworlds to find solutions beyond the realm of Askr. But the person who worked the most was the Summoner. They lead brigades into enemy territory, talked to every hero they had summoned about help from the other worlds, and spent hours researching in the library, looking for something, ANYTHING, that might give them a lead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/n? Why are you still up?" I startle at the sound of Alfonse's voice. He cracks open the door some more and steps into the room. He's wearing his sleep attire, I'm assuming he woke up from his own coughing again. I set my materials and notes aside and face him.

"I can't give up!" I strongly reply. "No one else has given up so I can't either! Tomorrow is the 9th day, which means I still have all night to find a solution, to find a way to save you!"

"Y/n..."

"I won't sleep! I have to keep trying!"

"We've tried everything..."

"There must be something!"

Alfonse closes the door behind him and walks over to me. "Maybe Hel is right, maybe there really is no escaping death."

"No," I say more to myself than him.

"But what if you found a solution afterward?" He argues. "You're The Summoner, we don't know how far your power reaches. What if it's possible for you to summon me from the Realm of the Dead?"

"That's too risky! I can't take a chance like that! Prevention is better than repairing the damage. Besides, what if Breidablik doesn't consider you a hero?"

"You're the one always telling me I'm as much of a hero as the rest of them. Breidablik belongs to you! If anyone can save me, you can."

"But what if I can't?!!" I cry out. I can't hold the tears back anymore. My face feels hot and I bury it into my hands. My chest shakes as I whimper like a little child. I don't want Alfonse to see me like this, I hate crying in front of others. I'm supposed to be strong for everyone.

Over the sounds of my pain, I hear Alfonse slowly take a few steps closer. "Please, I don't want you to cry." He gently places his hands on the sides of my shoulders as they shake from my heavy breaths. His kind touch calms me a little bit, but the tears still run down my face.

"I don't want you to die," I sob weakly.

Without warning he draws his face close to mine, less than a foot away. I turn my face away but he holds the side of my hood and pulls my face towards him. My face feels warm from how close we are. His cheeks seem a little pink too. He stares deeply into my eyes, his own full of love.

"I want you to be happy," he speaks softly. "Even after I'm gone." He's trying to be strong for me, but I can hear his voice shake a little from his words.

I sob. "I'll miss you."

Alfonse lightly tugs my hood, pulling me forward and closing the space between us. His eyes close as he gently presses his lips against mine. They're soft. My heart seems to melt as I slip into the kiss. We stay like that for a few seconds before breaking away. He stares deeply into my eyes and smiles.

"I'll stay with you. I'll still be here with everyone, continuing to fight like we always have." He gently rests his forehead against mine and smiles. "My spirit will stay behind, thanks to the strong bonds I've forged with everyone. Especially you."

Alfonse wraps his arms around me and holds me close to him. I slowly hold my own arms around his waist; I feel him rest the side of his head against mine. I let out a shaky breath, holding onto my friend and never wanting to let go. I feel his heartbeat. His heartbeat. He's still here, he isn't gone. He's still with me.

I breathe in and out softly, a little easier than before. I believe him. I close my eyes, weary from tears. I'm not crying now. Somehow, I feel a little better.

Things will be okay. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Author's Note: I figured Alfonse's fear of getting close to others would be quite the hurdle his love would have to jump over, so figuring out a plausible first kiss was different than usual. I figured such a huge event like this was the best motivation for Alfonse to put his fears aside in order to comfort the Summoner. It's also kinda his last chance to show his real feelings before his time is up. This scene was able to work really well with the situation, at least I think it does. I had fun writing it. ^_^ Anyways, I'm gonna go struggle for more orbs to spend on the new banner. Thanks for reading everything so far.]