Chapter 5

I stared at Michael, wondering if I had correctly heard what he said.

"What did you say?" I whispered, backing my chair away from the table and standing.

"I said I love you..." he answered, looking into my eyes.

"Michael you hardly know me," I said.  He couldn't love me.

"I do know you...I know that you can't sleep with socks on, and that your favorite movie is 'A Walk to Remember', I know that it has to be pitch black in your bedroom for you to be able to sleep, that you love extra syrup on your pancakes in the morning," he continued, standing up and walking towards me,"I know that you love cats, and that you sleep cuddled up to your extra long pillow. I know that you sing in the shower, and that you shiver when you watch scary movies, and that you love Greenday, and that you can't stand your food touching, and that your dimples get deeper when you smile. I know that I can't stop thinking about you, and I know..... I know that I love you."

        Michael brought his hand to my jaw, tracing a finger along it then letting it linger underneath my chin as he tilted my face up.  I looked into his green eyes and noticed a small glint of blue in them. He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips.  I closed my eyes and took it all in...Michael loves me. He actually loves me... I felt my cheeks redden as we slowly pulled away from each other.

"Someone's blushing," he giggled when he noticed the tone of my cheeks.

I couldn't find anything to say, so I just laced my fingers in his and kissed him again.  I could feel him smiling as our lips met.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" he asked, brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Of course," I said, "but let me change out of my pajamas first." 

He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me towards the living room.

"There's no need for that," he stated, walking backwards and chuckling at my remark.

"Aren't we going out?" I questioned him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"That's funny!" he laughed once more, "I don't like going out. I'd rather stay here, inside, where I can lounge in the glory that is my sweatpants and white t-shirt."

I shook my head and followed him to the couch. Michael grabbed the remote and turned on the television, opening Netflix.

"What movie do you want to watch?" he asked as I cuddled next to him and he put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

We browsed through the large selection of movies and television shows for what seemed like hours.

"Michael, please pick something. If I pick something, it'll be a sappy romance movie.  You should choose."

He sighed and clicked on "The Avengers".

"Is this okay?"  he asked me, slipping his other arm around my waist as well.

"Yeah, it's fine," I replied. I smiled to myself, and placed my head on his shoulder. 

The rest of our day was spent watching Netflix and eating pepperoni pizza.  I could feel myself slipping into sleep.

"Abigail?" Michael whispered.

I almost didn't reply.  My eyes were closed and I could feel my heartbeat calming.

"Hmm?"

"Do you love me too?" 

        Suddenly, my heart picked up its pace and my face flushed.  Did I love Michael? I pretended to be asleep so I could avoid his question. I wasn't actually sure if I did or not.  All I knew is that I wanted to stay on the couch next to him forever.  I heard him sigh and felt him untangle his arms from me.  He picked me up bridal style and carried me upstairs to my bedroom. After he laid me in my bed and turned off my light, he leaned over and kissed my forehead.